Descripción del puesto de trabajo
The Design Engineer 2 creates complex designs of aircraft interior products such as bins, galleys, lavatories, closets, linings or ceiling panels used in commercial and private aircrafts using a computer aided drafting system. The Design Engineer 2 reports to the Design Engineering Manager
Summary of Duties:
1. The Design Engineer 2 creates complex designs of aircraft interior products such as bins, galleys, lavatories, closets, linings or ceiling panels used in commercial and private aircrafts using a computer aided drafting system. The Design Engineer 2 reports to the Design Engineering Manager
2. With guidance from senior design engineers produce complex innovative designs, 3D models and 2D drawings of aircraft interior products within technical specification and project requirements
3. Work independently and communicate status with senior design engineers to complete engineering deliverables per project schedule and budget
4. Create complex 3D models and 2D drawings with the guidance from senior designers that meet the Safran design standards using Safran processes and documentations
5. With guidance from senior design engineers, incorporate design to cost practices to ensure that project design cost targets are met
6. With guidance from senior design engineers, coordinate with other department to ensure that designs and drawings incorporate inputs from all disciplines
7. Provide engineering support during production to solve technical issues
8. Work with senior design engineers to leverage Safran Cabin standard parts and designs in product development
9. Follow 3D models and 2D drawings all the way from creation through release to ensure project schedules are met.
10. Create status of tasks and progress of work in Safran Engineering task management tool
11. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
Education: Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical, or related field
Minimum 3 years related experience in aerospace or electrical engineering design.
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Proficient working knowledge of CAD & PLM Systems
• Good knowledge of common materials and manufacturing processes used in the aerospace industry
• Good organization and communication skills
• Ability to work well in a team environment and cross-functionally.
• Good communication, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
• Work independently and be self-motivated
• Working knowledge to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
• Good knowledge of Aviation regulatory requirements (FAA, EASA)
• Good experience with Interior design or trim & finish requirement
• Knowledge of configuration management principles
Ubica tu futuro lugar de trabajo
2850 Skyway Drive CA 93455
California Estados Unidos
- © Safran