Descripción del puesto de trabajo
• Point of escalation to material issues that require attention and present a risk for the buyers to successfully execute the procurement process to meet the required demand dates
• Coaches, trains, and mentors junior Purchasing Agents
• Identify and manage special projects and teams, as required
• Assist in the continuous improvement of the Purchasing organization
• Acts as authorized agent of the company, making financial commitments and managing key supplier relationships to ensure supply chain performance
• Manages complex supplier accounts, requiring advanced knowledge of commodity, supply base, and program
• Responsible for key suppliers, significant spend, and challenging supply chain problem resolution
• Provides peer review and oversight to junior Purchasing Agents
• Possesses comprehensive knowledge of subject matter
• Make daily purchases and input into MRP system based on demand, while analyzing the quality, specifications, and delivery requirements
• Ensure just in time supply aligns with loaded demand to maintain inventory targets
• Send out quotations for bid on non-contracted items, and negotiate best price
• Interface with planning and purchasing Integrated Program Team (IPT) to ensure any changes in schedule or requirements are flowed down to suppliers
• Review purchase orders regularly and follow up on unconfirmed orders, past due items, etc.
• Generate effective communication, good relationships, and a positive image with suppliers, promoting courtesy, objectivity, and fairness
• Act as authorized agent of the company and primary contact to assigned suppliers
• Proactively manage suppliers and regularly assess performance to ensure on-time delivery of quality product
• Manage program shortages and ensure supplier commitments are communicated to IPT Lead
• Review non-conformance reports (NCRs) against supplier product and communicate and coordinate disposition
• Identifies and mitigates risk, solves problems, and escalates as needed to IPT Lead and/or Purchasing Manager
The buyer role is responsible for acquiring goods and services at a competitive price, ensuring that goods are of top quality, and facilitating delivery of goods via the issuance and management of a purchase order. Analyzes demand and plans supply in accordance, ensures efficient and quality execution of requirements and purchasing action messages, manages supplier delivery, quality, and cost performance and improvement.
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
Minimum of 6 years of supply chain/purchasing/sourcing experience
MRP system experience
MS Office Skills (Excel, PowerPoint)
Strong written and verbal business communications abilities
Self-starter with ability to drive improvement, meet timeliness and objectives.
Identifying problems working with teams to solve through leading actions collaboratively.
Ability to analyze and communicate requirements.
Ability to apply Supply Chain past experience to current environment and modify as needed.
Ability to negotiate, influence, and win respect.
Ability to make timely decisions and take action.
Ability to provide information regarding tasks, plans, schedule and strategy to stakeholders.
Customer service oriented
Previous experience supporting manufacturing, aerospace preferred.
Ability to read and analyze engineering prints.
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
Traveling may be required.
Salary: $66,560 - $96,760 USD
Ubica tu futuro lugar de trabajo
2850 Skyway Drive CA 93455
California Estados Unidos