Descripción del puesto de trabajo
1.0 Summary of Job Purpose:
Support Supplier Quality Engineers, Inspectors, QMS Administrator and the Quality Manager. Work to be performed will include practical experience with a wide range of sought-after aerospace industry standards and practices, including:
• AS13000 Problem Solving (8D methodology)
• AS9100 Quality Management System
• AS9102 First Article Inspection
• AS9145 AQAP / PPAP Industrialization
• Continual Improvement
• Control of Nonconforming Product
• Corrective and Preventive Action
• Mistake Proofing
• Supplier Performance Monitoring
• Statistical Process Control
2.0 Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist 8D practitioners and 8D pilots in the timely closure of problem solving activities using the 8 Disciplines (8D) methodology.
• Assist the Quality Manager with our AS9100 certified QMS document control process including creation, update, management, organization, and the retention of documented information.
• Support the implementation and tracking of corrective actions, preventive actions, and continual improvement projects across various departments (e.g. operations, design & analysis, systems & software, procurement, etc.).
• Assist the Supplier Quality Engineers with supplier performance monitoring and treatment of reported non-conformances submitted by suppliers.
3.0 Scopes and Accountabilities:
• As an aerospace supplier, it is essential that all work performed in this role must be done in accordance with our approved policies and procedures.
• Any work which requires specific approval or signature by designated personnel must have written, documented evidence of approval before release.
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
4.0 Required Competencies; Education / Knowledge / Skills and Abilities:
• Junior or upper-division university student pursuing a Bachelor's degree in engineering preferred.
• Attributes: Attention to detail, growth mindset, systems-thinking
• Advanced capabilities with MS Office tools - Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook
• Intermediate knowledge of common aerospace standards or strong willingness to learn.
• Interpersonal skills to establish and maintain professional relationships.
• Professional communication, both written and oral, which is clear and precise.
5.0 Physical Requirements: N/A
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
• The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time; or
• The scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.