Descripción del puesto de trabajo
The Controller position is responsible for the control and management of all activities related to financial book close and accurate reporting of P&L, Balance Sheet & Cash flow using the ERP and supporting reporting platforms. The position has a solid functional reporting to Operations Controller. Job requires extra time during month-end book closing to ensure accuracy and the integrity of financial reporting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Strong accounting analytical and balancing skills to ensure P&L, Balance Sheet Accounts (AR, AP ) are captured correctly in the company reporting systems
• Perform and confirm checklist of key blocking controls and get them resolved in the Financial Reporting systems
• Work and liase very closely with consolidation Team overseas on any open closing items & act timely for resolution
• Perform analysis related to scope extension and CAPEX expenditures.
• Challenge operations on assumptions and positions related to financial matters. Support the operations team with information related to spare and repair inventory management, follow up with repair controlling.
• Accurately and timely reporting using various reporting platforms in the Safran Group ZAP ,BPC & Birst Tools.
• Monitor Scrap and cycle count variances.
• Perform deep dive analysis with the purpose of identifying root causes.
• Review changes in FIFO and standard costs to provide recommendations for variance reductions.
• Comply with and ensure that direct reports adhere to policies/procedures and regulations, i.e., handbook, training requirements, state and federal regulations, etc.
• Review and challenge BP for repair capabilities development, actuals to be compared with initial BP 6-12-18 months after.
• Productivity to follow up for technicians and review of nonproductive hours.
• Challenge repair shop cost structure and work with operations for cost management and control. Ensure that the lowest cost best quality provider is used.
• Review and audit of procedures used in shop to minimize variances.
• Review labor variances in repair centers and create actionable reports for repair managers and CFO of Component Repair.
• Support repair stations for monthly financials reviews.
• Review the monthly inventory reports, looking at zero standard costs, negative on hand locations and odd locations to focus on root cause. Develop process and procedures for operations to address the issue prospectively.
• Review goods in transit and work with the warehousing staff to ensure the timely receipt and put away of stock. Review of stock zones of nonproductive assets.
Candidates for positions with SAU must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. This description has been designed to indicate the general nature & level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities & qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status. SAU is committed to working with & providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical & mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail [email protected] We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. SAU is an Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled | Drug Free Workplace.
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
a) Knowledge and Skills
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Solid Financial Accounting Reporting skills
• Financial Management
• ERP Experience
• Forecasting Skills
• Technical Capacity
• Ethical Conduct
• Strong Analytical Ability
• Communications Proficiency
• Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
• Microsoft Office Proficiency – especially Advanced Excel is a must
• Stamina & commitment for long working hours during month end and year end closing
• Experience working with Financial Consolidation concepts/steps
c) Education and/or Experience
• Requires a bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university with concentration courses in accounting and/or finance plus at least 3 years of direct experience in the field.
• CPA certification is preferred, but not required. Familiar with a variety of the accounting field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
d) Communication Skills
• Good oral and written communication skills essential for interaction with both internal and external customers.
• Experience with International Financial Reporting Standards is a plus
e) Physical Demands
• This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
• Some travel required – local/international travel a possibility.
Ubica tu futuro lugar de trabajo
101 World Dr GA 30269
Georgie Estados Unidos
- © Safran