Descripción del puesto de trabajo
Working alongside the Lead Engineer and under the direction of the Mechanical Engineering Manager, the Sr. Mechanical Engineer is responsible for planning, executing and supporting mechanical design projects of jet engine test facilities and systems that are designed to withstand specified loading conditions, including material selection and specification, sheet metal, weldments, and machining and strength characteristics. They will serve as a technical expert on mechanical projects and ensure compliance with the quality and standards of Safran Test Cells. The Sr. Mechanical Engineer will contribute to team efforts by mentoring and supervising the Mechanical Engineers and Designers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serve as a technical expert on Safran Test Cells' mechanical systems and products.
• Support Customers with technical issues and provide troubleshooting instructions.
• Responsible for analyzing and verifying mechanical designs of jet engine test facilities and systems that are designed to withstand specified loading conditions, including material selection and specification, sheet metal, weldments, and machining and strength characteristics.
• Perform high-level calculations, in activities related to product, form, fit, structural requirements and function supporting project requirements.
• Responsible for supervising and mentoring less experienced Mechanical Engineers with projects and design assignments in collaboration with the Lead Engineer.
• Facilitate research and development projects to enhance Safran Test Cells' capabilities.
• Ensure cost effective mechanical designs in compliance with specified technical and contractual requirements.
• Provide feedback and recommendations to engineering management on group and personal work progress and status.
• Acquire ongoing knowledge necessary to perform job assignments and to improve technology, products and processes.
• Work in accordance with and furnish continuous improvements to Safran Test Cells' Engineering Design Process and Quality Maintenance System.
• Actively participate in a continuous improvement culture providing recommendations and implementing enhancements to current methods and procedures.
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering required.
• 7+ years of Mechanical Engineering experience required.
• Design experience in both US and SI units and materials specifications preferred
• Regulatory experience with CE preferred
• Advanced knowledge of CAD, 3D Solid Modeling, AutoCAD, FEA, FMEA, Risk analysis and
mechanical drafting standards.
• Advanced knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing Design and Drafting
Standards, Engineering Drawing Practices, and Structural Welding Codes.
• Proven ability to balance risk, effectively influence diverse teams, and take ownership of
responsibility for outcomes while fostering a positive team spirit.
• Demonstrated success managing and leading large-scale, complex, multi-discipline projects
involving multiple internal and external stakeholders and partners.
• Demonstrated strong analytical skills by anticipating problems including problem
identification, action planning and execution.
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written with a proven ability to be assertive yet
approachable delivering a positive customer service experience both internally and
• Ability to lead other engineers by encouraging accuracy and thoroughness in all areas of
work; actively seeks opportunities to improve and promote quality and monitors project work
to ensure quality of outcomes.
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
• Able and willing to travel up to 10% of the time both domestically and internationally, as required.
Ubica tu futuro lugar de trabajo
639 Campus Drive MN 55112
Minnesota Estados Unidos
- © Safran