Descripción del puesto de trabajo
As a member of middle management at Safran Test Cells, the Quality Manager is responsible for identifying materials and resources necessary to implement and sustain continuous improvement throughout the organization. The Quality Manager is also responsible for managing the development and implementation of annual quality objectives and metrics. They will contribute to the organizations success by managing a team of Quality Assurance Engineers and Supplier Quality Engineers to implement and maintain a Continuous Improvement system, inspect product quality using the Factory Acceptance Test process and conduct supplier audits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage the QMS to ensure system is compliant to AS9100 standard and other external requirements.
• Ensure that products are in compliance with Safran Test Cells' designs and/or specifications.
• Manage the Safran Test Cells' risk management process in accordance with the Safran RiTo risk management process and the AS9100 Aerospace Standard.
• Ensure Supplier Deviation Requests and Non-Conformance Reports are managed, investigated and approved.
• Conduct supplier audits, and document and communicate findings along with corrective actions and opportunities for improvements.
• Analyze product escapes from the supplier failures to prevent recurrence.
• Manage Quality Management System (QMS) documents for quality inspection processes including the collection of quality records for each product inspection (quality inspection records, photos, non-conforming requests).
• Responsible for identifying issues of technical and non-technical quality on a company-wide basis as well as within departments.
• Establish Quality Department policies and provides input for other department policies, control processes and quality programs within overall direction set by senior management.
• Identify Safran Test Cells' products and services that do not meet Safran Test Cells and/or customers' expectations.
• Coordinate issues of quality between other departments, such as engineering, sales and marketing, and quality engineering.
• Compile and submit regular reports as requested by the scheduled due date.
• Manage the documentation and ensure proper control.
• Manage, track, and communicate the status of the corrective action system.
• Manage all external quality audits (AS9100, customer audits, supplier audits, others as applicable).
• Document audit findings and follow up with process owners through closure.
• Direct internal audits to determine compliance of Safran Test Cells' QMS to current version of AS9100 and other quality standards as applicable.
• Serve as focal point for QMS system improvements, coordinating between other Safran group companies.
• Develop training materials and provide training to the quality procedures.
• During supplier selection, manage supplier QMS audits to determine compliance to Safran Test Cells' quality standards.
• Manage periodic supplier QMS audits to ensure continued compliance to Safran Test Cells' standards.
• Lead supplier action plans to correct audit findings and follow up with supplier to ensure all findings are closed.
• Create and track the green belt development.
• Lead or support internal, supplier and customer 8D root-cause analysis, corrective actions, preventive actions, and improvement projects.
• Actively communicate and participate in a continuous improvement culture providing recommendations and implementing enhancements to current methods, policies and procedures including Safran Test Cells' external sites and other sites as applicable.
• Other duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The working conditions and requirements indicated here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or an appropriate field required.
• 7+ years of related experience, including 5+ years of management experience with direct reports in a technical role with progressive responsibilities required.
• Results-oriented leader with the ability to lead, influence and inspire diverse teams to meet project goals.
• Track record of developing staff, fostering an inclusive work environment, and demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with staff and peers locally and internationally.
• Superior written, verbal and presentation skills are required including the ability to make technical and project information understood by a wide variety of audiences both internally and externally.
• Familiar with standard corporate finance concepts such as balance sheets, EBIT, ROI, and burden rates.
• Demonstrated ability to create and cultivate positive, productive internal and external working relationships.
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
• Able and willing to travel up to 10% of the time both domestically and internationally to customer and vendor sites, as quality needs demand.
Safran es un grupo internacional de alta tecnología que opera en los sectores de la aeronáutica (propulsión, equipos e interiores), el espacio y la defensa. Su misión: contribuir de forma duradera a un mundo más seguro, en el que el transporte aéreo sea cada vez más respetuoso del medio ambiente, cómodo y accesible. Presente en todos los continentes, el Grupo emplea a 76 800 personas, con un volumen de negocios de 15 300 millones de euros en 2021. Ya sea por su cuenta como en colaboración con otras empresas, ocupa posiciones de liderazgo en sus mercados a nivel europeo y mundial. Safran está comprometido con los programas de investigación y desarrollo que preservan las prioridades ambientales de su hoja de ruta de innovación tecnológica.
La revista Forbes clasificó a Safran como el tercer mejor empleador del mundo en su sector en el año 2021.
Safran Aero Boosters diseña, desarrolla y produce compresores de baja presión, equipos y estaciones de pruebas para la propulsión aeroespacial. La empresa equipa la mayoría de los aviones civiles en servicio, así como el cohete europeo Ariane. Con sede en Lieja (Bélgica), Safran Aero Boosters emplea a 1800 personas y cuenta con 2 filiales en Estados Unidos.
- © Safran