Descripción del puesto de trabajo
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
• Meet customer requirements while minimizing inventory holdings – two inventory turns per year, 180 Days consumption on Service Center shelf
• Daily review of Service Center Past Due backlog to ensure that parts are flowing to support Turn Around Time guarantees
• Detailed understanding of aviation based forecasting methodology using part reliability, historical usage, predicted / actual market expansion / contraction
• Located within Service Center working hand in hand with the SAU Buyer, Safran Global Forecast Planner and Service Center personnel
• Reads Component Maintenance Manuals, Manufacturers Drawings, Engineering Orders, Service Bulletins, Service Letters for component part numbers, descriptions and application.
• Place purchase orders and follow up on ship dates, expedites and late orders to meet demand.
• Enters purchase order acknowledgements, both electronically and manually.
• Process requests for quotes and research technical issues in conjunction with Technical Support department.
• Clears customs issues with freight carriers for incoming product.
• Purchase consumables for repair shops as well as chemicals, adhesives etc.
• Works with repair shop personnel in procuring parts for repairs.
• Resolves incoming shipping discrepancies and process rejected/defective parts, obtaining corrected paperwork, replacement parts, return authorizations and credits.
• Communicates with all departments in regard to the procurement of parts.
• Responsible for the timely and cost efficient procurement of only approved parts and supplies.
• Ensure that all relating paperwork is processed and filed, including printed purchase orders, acknowledgments and price quotes.
• The Planner is responsible for the proper distribution of paperwork: purchase orders mailed and copies distributed to departments, parts and supplies are accompanied with proper paperwork (packing slips certificates of conformance, PM's, MSD's etc.)
• Weekly review and follow-up with vendors corporate Buyers on open order report. Follow-up with receiving and accounting on any problems (invoice price difference than purchase order, packing slip-missing etc.)
• Completes daily paperwork for job assignments.
• Performs all other duties as directed.
• Works with internal and external suppliers negotiating and resolving schedules, inventory levels, shortages, and other material issues.
• Communicates information and anticipates, identifies, resolves, and recommends solutions.
• Identifies, analyzes and develops material control plans based on established inventory models, customer demand, and established lead time.
• Analyzes and evaluates material availability, delivery performance
Candidates for positions with SAU must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. This description has been designed to indicate the general nature & level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities & qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status. SAU is committed to working with & providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical & mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail [email protected] We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. SAU is an Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled | Drug Free Workplace.
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
a) Knowledge and Skills
• 5 years of aviation forecasting and distribution
• Strong understanding of statistical forecasting methodology
• Technical aptitude
• Knowledge of computers
• E-mail, spreadsheets, word processing and power point
• APICS / CPIM / ISM certification highly desired
• Computer systems including but not limited to; SAU ERP (Quantum), Hyperion, Excel
• Project Management
• Performance Management
• Communication Proficiency
• Technical Capacity
• Strategic Thinking
• Business Acumen
• Decision Making
• Problem Solving/Analysis
• Associates Degree
• Strong work ethic and ability to self-motivate
c) Communication Skills
• Must have the ability to generate written communication and strong oral communication, plus presentation skills. Ability to read and review written communication.
d) Physical Demands
• Ability to independently travel both domestically and/or internationally.
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
Safran es un grupo internacional de alta tecnología que opera en los sectores de la aeronáutica (propulsión, equipos e interiores), el espacio y la defensa. Su misión: contribuir de forma duradera a un mundo más seguro, en el que el transporte aéreo sea cada vez más respetuoso del medio ambiente, cómodo y accesible. Presente en todos los continentes, el Grupo emplea a 76 800 personas, con un volumen de negocios de 15 300 millones de euros en 2021. Ya sea por su cuenta como en colaboración con otras empresas, ocupa posiciones de liderazgo en sus mercados a nivel europeo y mundial. Safran está comprometido con los programas de investigación y desarrollo que preservan las prioridades ambientales de su hoja de ruta de innovación tecnológica.
La revista Forbes clasificó a Safran como el tercer mejor empleador del mundo en su sector en el año 2021.
Safran Aerosystems es líder mundial en rampas de evacuación y sistemas de oxígeno. La empresa es un actor clave en sistemas de seguridad y sistemas de fluidos para aviones y helicópteros.
- © Safran