Descripción del puesto de trabajo
Oxygen Systems US supports commercial, military and general aviation life support equipment. Design engineer will support gaseous, mask and chemical oxygen equipment.
The primary purpose of this position is focused on the development of chemical technologies in support of new products and existing product lines. This includes the efforts for development, regulatory and validation for production. Providing technical responses to customer inquiries may also be required as a part of business development in conjunction with sales management.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1) Analyze inorganic compounds to determine chemical or physical properties, composition, structure, reactions, interactions, or reactions.
2) Work with design and process engineers to conduct analysis of chemistries associated with development projects, interpret test results, or develop nonstandard test methods.
3) Direct, coordinate, or advise personnel in test procedures for analyzing chemistries, chemical components, or physical properties of materials.
4) Study effects of various methods of processing on composition or properties of products
5) Write technical papers or reports or prepare standards and specifications for processes, facilities, products, or tests.
6) Generate, and when necessary, prepare test mixes and compounds for laboratory personnel to conduct tests.
7) Compile and analyze test information to determine process or equipment operating efficiency or to determine root cause of malfunction.
8) Evaluate laboratory safety procedures to insure compliance with standards or to make improvements as needed.
9) Conduct quality control tests as required.
10) Maintain laboratory instruments to insure proper working order.
11) Identify laboratory equipment needs and justify purchase.
12) Purchase laboratory supplies, such as chemicals, when supplies are low or near their expiration date.
Listed above are the ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS of this job classification. Employees in this job classification may be required to perform various other duties including but not limited to training, administration, and housekeeping. In addition, employees in this job classification are responsible for the quality, quantity and timeliness of the product or service they provide. They will carry out those duties, in a safe and cooperative manner, per established policies, practices and procedures. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US (AVOX Systems Inc) is a U.S. based Safran Company located in Lancaster, NY that designs, manufactures and services oxygen life support respiratory systems, related personal protective equipment, and aircraft accessories for the aviation and government markets. Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US functions as a part of Safran, with international locations. We provide innovative oxygen solutions to the aircraft industry.
Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US is an equal opportunity employer. Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or hereditary cellular or blood trait, sexual orientation, marital status, or status as a disabled or Vietnam area veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES.
NO RELOCATION AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION.
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
Required – BS and MS in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Ceramic Engineering or related field
Preferred – PhD Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Ceramic Engineering or related field
Required – 10 yrs minimum engineering experience in a development engineering/manufacturing environment
Special Knowledge/Skills –
• Expertise in chemical analysis methods and analysis
• Chemical analysis and reaction kinetics
• Understanding of and experience with engineering testing methods such as planning, executing and reporting on tests or experiments and interpretation of drawings.
• Experience with logical trouble shooting steps to solve technical challenges.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Experience and proficiency with technical writing; strong communication skills
• Solid software experience – MS Office.
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
Ubica tu futuro lugar de trabajo
225 Erie Street 14086
Lancaster, New York Usa
New York Estados Unidos
- © Safran