Descripción del puesto de trabajo
Summary of Job Purpose:
The Sr. Manager, Supplier Quality is a member of the Leadership Team with primary responsibility for providing leadership, planning and coordination of activities of the Supplier Quality Organization in support of Safran Electronics & Defense, Avionics USA's, EMS Division business objectives. The Sr. Manager, Supplier Quality is responsible for supporting the deployment of CI (Continuous Improvement) throughout all quality functions. This includes metric deployment, high performing work teams, and tiered meetings with advanced problem solving.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Own the development, implementation, and oversight of an effective Supplier Quality program that operates in compliance with corporate quality policies, procedures, regulatory requirements, and industry best practices.
- Administers material review activities on Safran and/or supplier products.
- Administers and maintains the EMS Division's approved supplier list.
- Maintains and administers an effective evaluation and audit program for Safran and its supply base to ensure conformance to Industry, contractual and Safran process and product requirements.
- Facilitates/leads the use of lean/six sigma (advanced quality) tools to evaluate Safran or supplier products and processes.
- Analyzes root causes of deficiencies and ensures proper corrective actions are implemented in a timely manner.
- Leads and participates in cross-functional team efforts to improve Safran or supplier products and processes.
- Develops and leads cost effective strategies across Safran that results in an ongoing significant improvement to Safran or supplier products and processes.
- Identifies need for and delivers training materials to Safran or suppliers related to the Quality Management System.
- Mentors Supplier Quality Team and Engineers on the Safran Quality Management System.
- Assumes supervisory/lead responsibility for supplier quality engineering personnel in multiple locations as directed by leadership.
- Assumes leadership delegated responsibility when directed by leadership.
- Develops, evaluates, revises and applies Procedures and Methods related to the EMS Business Unit's Quality Management System, to assure effectiveness to process improvement.
- Analyzes customer/industry/regulatory specifications and ensures compliance of Safran products and processes. Leads initiatives to attain/maintain applicable global regulatory and quality standards certifications.
- Develops and maintains a working relationship with key customer procurement organizations to the benefit of the customer and Safran.
- Provides assistance to engineering and life cycle leadership in the preparation of technical proposals for products and services.
- Ensures Safran and supplier products shipped to customers meet applicable business unit, contractual, and regulatory requirements.
- Provides guidance and assistance to Safran engineering and life cycle leadership regarding product and process quality requirements.
- Provides guidance and assistance to Safran material and supply leadership during the requirement flow down, evaluation, selection and monitoring of suppliers.
- Bachelor's degree in appropriate technical discipline and 5 or more years experience
- Experience in a leadership capacity with direct reports
- Fulfill all Environmental, Safety & Health requirements and act in a safe and environmentally responsible manner at all times. This includes, following all ES&H policies and procedures, acting on unsafe conditions and aiding Leadership in the attainment of ES&H initiatives and continuous improvement efforts.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR, including U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. green card holder), political asylee or refugee
- Prior Supplier Quality and/or Supplier Development experience throughout the lifecycle of products
- FAA Repair Station knowledge is preferred
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), Certified Quality Auditor (CQA), or
- Certified Quality Manager (CQMgr) is preferred
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
Skills and Abilities
- There is a large travel element to this role and as such you should hold a full driving licence, and current passport and have a willingness to travel to all continents (sometimes) at short notice.
- Experience managing and developing multiple direct reports
- Thorough working knowledge with Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen events, and Continuous Improvement SPC, and Six Sigma methodologies
- Experience with problem solving methodology such as A3 and 8D
- Experience leading complex projects with remote team members
- Knowledge of manufacturing structures, varied processes, operating practices, and operating budgets.
- Experience managing multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- AS9100, ISO9001, Mil-Std working knowledge
- Experience with international regulatory requirements and international business partners is helpful.
- Ability to work with a wide range of people for process improvements and corrective actions
- Capacity to work independently and within team environments
- Up to 40%
Physical Requirements :
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- May be required to travel to the customer's base or any other location relevant to the correct execution of the contract and company's commitment (e.g. key supplier, partner).
- Candidate for the position, once hired, may be located in company offices either in Irvine, CA or Grand Prairie, TX. No relocation compensation will be provided for this position - only local candidates will be considered.
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
Travel up to 40% once all Covid-related restrictions have been lifted.
Safran es un grupo internacional de alta tecnología que opera en los campos de la aeronáutica (propulsión, equipamiento e interiores), espacio y defensa. Su misión: contribuir de forma duradera a un mundo más seguro, donde el transporte aéreo sea cada vez más respetuoso con el medio ambiente, más cómodo y más accesible. Establecido en todos los continentes, el Grupo emplea a 79.000 personas para una facturación de 16.5 mil millones de euros en 2020, y ocupa, solo o en asociación, posiciones de liderazgo mundial o europeo en sus mercados. Safran está comprometido con programas de investigación y desarrollo que preservan las prioridades ambientales de su hoja de ruta de innovación tecnológica. Safran ha sido posicionada como el mejor empleador a nivel mundial en su sector en el año 2020 por la revista Forbes. Safran Electronics & Defense es un líder mundial en soluciones y servicios que permiten observar, decidir y guiar para los mercados civiles y de defensa. La empresa domina las tecnologías de inteligencia embarcada en muchos ámbitos y participa en numerosos programas innovadores en la aeronáutica, el sector espacial y la defensa.