Descripción del puesto de trabajo
Do you want to work with some of the most talented dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation, and integrity? Then Safran is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world. Employing some of the most talented dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Safran as the place to build a rewarding career while helping to deliver product solutions that our global customers demand to keep our world moving and staying connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar with Safran.
The Safran Electronics and Defense, Avionics, USA (SEDA) is seeking a proactive, engaged leader to join the SEDA Executive leadership team as the Director of Information Technology (IT), reporting directly to the CEO. This role is critical in leading SEDA through the design, deployment and maintenance of an IT system that enables our business growth and efficiency, as well as security. This role will lead multiple teams of IT professionals across sites in the US & Mexico. These teams perform application and infrastructure systems development and maintenance.
The successful candidate will personally own tactical and strategic aspects of the IT organization - striving for continuous improvement in our tools and processes to achieve high internal and thus external customer satisfaction. The ideal candidate will develop trust through transparency and engagement in the facts, being objective about our performance. This candidate must diligently lead and manage the IT team and the associated projects. This candidate must also work well with IT peers in the Safran corporate organization where help and alignment with corporate approaches is required. They will demonstrate emotional intelligence, drive for results for our internal customers, and collaborate well with other cross functions to achieve the goals of the organization. This person must be engaged in the critical points of the day to day infrastructure support, yet be able to focus on the strategies and execution to prepare the future of our changing IT system(s) to meet our operational objectives. This role will have direct ownership of the SEDA IT system.
The leader shall have the ability to apply Lean/Six Sigma or Agile principles and methods to Information Technology (IT) activities.
Leadership skills / Management skills / Personal skills desired
• Troubleshooting skills
• Communication skills - Negotiation skills
• Time management /Responsiveness
• Customer oriented
• Project management
• Ability to analyze, to synthesize
This position is available for a Hybrid work schedule (Mon or Friday Remote, with remaining days on site in Irvine, CA or Grand Prairie, TX)
Relocation assistance may be available for qualified candidates.
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship. This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ''Green Card Holder'', Political Asylee, or Refugee)
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consult with Executive Leadership to analyze IT systems needs for management information and functional operations, to determine scope and priorities of projects, and to assess system capacity and equipment investment.
- Develops and executes plans for systems development and operations, hardware and software purchases, budget and staffing.
- Establish project execution plans to implement upgrades and new technology roll outs
- Manage the development, implementation, installation and operation of information systems; ensure day-to-day operation of the information infrastructures.
- Develop, implement, and monitor management information systems policies and control to ensure data accuracy, security, strong internal control and legal compliance.
- Design and oversee installation of internal and external LAN/WAN networks.
- Work with SAFRAN USA to ensure a reliable network including monitoring and alerting to manage traffic. Lead team troubleshooting network issues.
- Develop, monitor, and report the appropriate metrics to measure network performance and availability and to identify necessary improvements
- Negotiate contracts with consultants, technical personnel and vendors of services and products to ensure efficient purchasing and good quality of services.
- Provide support to end users in the selection, procurement, usage and maintenance of software programs and hardware.
- Actively drive to improvement plans by identifying and implementing cost reduction and efficiency improvement projects.
- Develop, maintain, and test disaster recovery plans; handle computer operation scheduling, backup, storage, and retrieval functions.
- Provide guidance to team reviewing IT ticketing system to ensure system health. Spot and address bad trends from this data
- Maintain continuous relationship with team to ensure smooth flow-down of SEDA Business Group IT objectives, methods and projects.
- Defines departmental problems, goals, and objectives; authorizes expenditures; develops departmental budget.
- Establish Cyber Security prevention plans to avoid loss of confidential and/or sensitive information.
• Knowledge of Network Architecture / Network Security Concepts
• Knowledge of Information Systems (ERP)
• Ability to ensure Back Up and Other Disaster Recovery
• Infrastructure Virtualization management
• Interface and negotiate contracts with external vendors of service (software and hardware)
• Working knowledge of PC HW/SW, VOIP, Mobile)
• IT Administration
• Ability to identify IT systems needs and to make technical recommendations
• Budgeting (Adapt IT investment and stay within the budget)
• Infrastructure planning/anticipate SI evolution
• Ability to be an internal trainer
• Project leader
• Continuous Improvement
• Working knowledge of Power BI and SAP
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
This position will require travel approximately 10% of the time.
Ubica tu futuro lugar de trabajo
1833 Alton Pkway CA 92606
California Estados Unidos
- © Safran