Descripción del puesto de trabajo
Manage and support Safran's industrialization businesses (NPI) in engine parts and production in the supply chain. Streamline and facilitate communication exchanges and understanding between Safran design Office Engineers and the suppliers to achieve Airworthiness certification and convergence to feasible production rate in line with customer needs.
Support established production, including crisis at suppliers by proposing technical solutions that either improve production feasibility or restore production throughout to current certified production router. This will include resolution of issues, risks/obstacles, regardless of origin to ensure manufacturing, supply chain, and delivery schedules are in alignment with customer needs.
• Streamline and facilitate communication between design office engineers and suppliers, with emphasis on collaboration, goal setting and accountability. Communication may involve engagement with senior management in Safran and supplier organizations.
• Check supplier's development capacity allocated to Safran's industrialization and production projects.
• Review and confirm program plan accuracy vs. Safran Project requirements (milestones, deliverables, etc.) to ensure a smooth and timely manufacturing ramp-up on new programs.
• Implement any Metrics/Indicators that will be deemed necessary to follow Industrialization projects.
• Support the success of all necessary Technical-milestones within the industrial validation process.
• Ensure the supply base, including sub-vendors, is capable and prepared to support production rates on new and existing programs; clear identification of development drifts, constraints, quality issues and bottleneck risks must be captured and action plan agreed and executed.
• Support Safran's Purchasing and Quality teams on the technical aspects for preparing all files related to NPI production, including preparation of final validation dossier (DVI) including FAI (First Article Inspection) with Supplier(s)
• Ensure Suppliers' use of correct specifications and quality documents.
• Work collaboratively with the assigned Supplier Quality Engineer and Supplier Performance Manager to ensure efficient support covering all program disciplines.
• Ensure Supplier is giving the correct production priority and accurate manpower to meet Safran needs.
• Engage suppliers to lead continuous improvement, problem solving, waste elimination, cycle-time reduction, throughput, quality and other value-enhancing opportunities.
• Assess the ability of new suppliers in various areas such as competence, industrialization and production of NPI
Additional Eligibility Requirements
• Confidentiality about company's activities and actions plans
This job operates in a professional office environment located in Cincinnati, Ohio. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and printers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
Required Education and Experience
• Minimum: BS/BA Engineering
• Experience with aerospace products in machining and/or assembly production
• Minimum: 2 to 5 years' experience in manufacturing production and business
• Good communication skills and vendor manager skills
• Demonstrable experience of production performance analysis and reporting
• Proficient with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Ability to be flexible and adapt easily to location and needs
• Skills / knowledge and experience in Project Management
• Experience of collaboration and work within a matrix-managed or cross-functional environment
The following experience is considered a “plus”:
• Experience with casting, machining and production in an aeronautical business
• Composites manufacturing knowledge/experience
• French language
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
Travel: Up to 40% domestic and some international - Capable to frequently travel between various suppliers located in USA and some international travel
Safran es un grupo internacional de alta tecnología que opera en los campos de la aeronáutica (propulsión, equipamiento e interiores), espacio y defensa. Su misión: contribuir de forma duradera a un mundo más seguro, donde el transporte aéreo sea cada vez más respetuoso con el medio ambiente, más cómodo y más accesible. Establecido en todos los continentes, el Grupo emplea a 79.000 personas para una facturación de 16.5 mil millones de euros en 2020, y ocupa, solo o en asociación, posiciones de liderazgo mundial o europeo en sus mercados. Safran está comprometido con programas de investigación y desarrollo que preservan las prioridades ambientales de su hoja de ruta de innovación tecnológica. Safran ha sido posicionada como el mejor empleador a nivel mundial en su sector en el año 2020 por la revista Forbes.
27.09.2021 Cadena de suministro
Supplier Performance Manager (SPM)
Contrato indeterminado / Indefinido
09.09.2021 Cadena de suministro
MRO Procurement Leader
Contrato indeterminado / Indefinido