Descripción del puesto de trabajo
Mission & Objectives
• Follow and manage the industrial performance (Quality, Delivery, and Cost) for a panel of suppliers. This shall be throughout the entirety of the product and project lifecycle with said suppliers.
• Manage Supplier action plans in case of recurring performance deviations until acceptable performance has been attained and sustained
• As part of the implemented contract, obtain and lead the implementation of supplier improvement plans to facilitate continuous improvement of the suppliers maturity level.
• Ensure the consistency of initiated improvement actions with all supply chain stakeholders
• Undertake key pre-supplier selection activities – Risk Analysis & Capacity Assessment
• Lead the quality and logistical performance of supplier panel in accordance with internal stakeholders including procurement, quality, and purchasing to ensure alignment of Mid Term Plan (MTP) and corporate strategy
• Identify trends and poor performing suppliers, taking action as necessary to improve supplier performance and capability
• Drive key stakeholders to define and deliver the corrective action plans, ensuring results are achieved and sustainable with a key focus on production readiness, audits, and for systematic quality issues.
• Perform onsite supplier assessments and evaluations related to: Compliance, Capacity, Production Control, Change Management, Supply Chain Management, Quality, etc. Manage findings and close out in a robust manner
• Lead the supplier performance reviews with select panel of suppliers, coordinating outcomes to key business stakeholders
• Monitor supplier risks and ensure Cabin surveillance plan is topical at all times – ensure that key issues are flagged to the business, and a plan is developed to drive internal actions and improvements at suppliers to minimize or eliminate risks
• Act as the focal point for performance issues in relation to logistics and programs teams, according to escalation process
• Adhere to safe working practices and contributes to the evolution of the Health, Safety, and Environmental program and culture
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Based on the supplier risk level, perform periodic assessments of current suppliers in order to identify and mitigate the risks
• Accountable for managing supplier performance and deliverables
Reporting to Supplier Performance Regional Manager, the Supplier Performance Engineer monitors, analyzes, and executes actions to ensure effective supplier performance. This position interacts with internal cross-functional groups, customers, and suppliers to define, coordinate, and deploy improvement activities utilizing appropriate project management and improvement tools and techniques. These activities are achieved via monitoring and detection initiatives including onsite audit/assessment, as well as monthly and quarterly risk reviews of suppliers.
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
Education: Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Quality Management, or related field of study
Experience: 5+ years of progressive Engineering, Quality, Supplier Quality, or Supplier Development experience within Aerospace, Automotive, or Mechanical Manufacturing environment
Computer Skill: Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
Basic operational experience within a purchasing/logistic/quality industrial organization.
• Demonstrated project management skills within manufacturing environment.
• Good interpersonal skills – able to work and influence across all levels of the organization and externally with suppliers to ensure key deliverables are met.
• Ability to communicate effectively – Verbal & Written
• Ability to lead teams, conduct meetings, give direction/delegate, and train/coach/mentor employees.
• Ability to work tactically to support a strategic objective
• Good interpersonal skills
• Willingness and legal authorization to travel domestically and internationally, as required
• Solid operational experience: Supplier Performance or Supplier Development within a purchasing/logistic/quality industrial organization.
• Experience in leading improvement workshops – Quality/Lean Tools such as FMEA, 8D, 5W, Ishikawa, etc.
• Demonstrated strong negotiation skills
• Advanced problem-solving skills – ability to analyze a problem and determine potential root causes in a timely fashion to make calculated risk decision when ambiguity can be a factor.
• Demonstrable leadership experience – influencing, teamwork, conflict resolution, with strong communication skills at all levels of management both internally and with suppliers
• Proven ability to work tactically with a strategic objective. This shall require a high level of self-motivation and job planning in order to achieve goals and meet deadlines working autonomously.
• Experience working in a matrix organization
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
• Any ERP knowledge
• Greenbelt certification
• Experience in any of the following areas:
o Lean Management
o Problem Solving
o Influencing, Teamwork, Conflict Resolution
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
Traveling may be required.
Safran es un grupo internacional de alta tecnología que opera en los sectores de la aeronáutica (propulsión, equipos e interiores), el espacio y la defensa. Su misión: contribuir de forma duradera a un mundo más seguro, en el que el transporte aéreo sea cada vez más respetuoso del medio ambiente, cómodo y accesible. Presente en todos los continentes, el Grupo emplea a 76 800 personas, con un volumen de negocios de 15 300 millones de euros en 2021. Ya sea por su cuenta como en colaboración con otras empresas, ocupa posiciones de liderazgo en sus mercados a nivel europeo y mundial. Safran está comprometido con los programas de investigación y desarrollo que preservan las prioridades ambientales de su hoja de ruta de innovación tecnológica.
La revista Forbes clasificó a Safran como el tercer mejor empleador del mundo en su sector en el año 2021.
Safran Cabin es líder mundial en equipamiento interior para cabinas, sistemas de catering y equipos de carga.
- © Safran