Descripción del puesto de trabajo
Are you passionate about technology or aviation? Come invent the solutions of tomorrow in the aerospace and defense industry, with an international group where innovation, teamwork and continuing, daily education are fundamental values. Join us!
Summary of Duties:
• Reviews and signs engineering change notices (ECNs) and engineering drawings.
• Works with the quality control and production personnel to drive the continuous improvement process.
• Tracks and ensures measuring and testing equipment used within the division is within calibration.
• Monitors and assists first article inspection (FAI) information system.
• Writes reports and standard work, performs employee training, and conducts statistical analysis.
• Ensures production tooling is inspected and conforms to specs prior to use.
• Approves work orders prior to release to ensure engineering operations are properly documented.
• Applies purchase order quality clauses to applicable products within an MRP system
• Assists corrective action board (CAB) by being a member, provides problem solving / resolution.
• Performs internal process audits to company specifications.
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 39 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
Safran's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) goes beyond our facility walls. We value and support the communities where we live and work. One of Safran's values and CSR pillar is Corporate Citizenship that helps drive economic, social and cultural progress by sharing our gifts with those around us.
• Your Career: Safran is committed to providing internal mobility to our employees. We operate globally so the sky is the limit of where your Safran journey can take you.
• Your Development: Safran employees have free access to Safran University courses and external tuition reimbursement for approved programs or certifications.
• Your Benefits: Our suite of comprehensive benefits include health care (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, 401(k) savings plans with company match, paid time off, and more! ting diversity throughout our companies.
This position will utilize lean kaizen events to improve a product line or lines by training employees and using quality assurance process sampling systems, procedures and statistical techniques. The Quality Engineer will design, or specify inspection and testing mechanisms and equipment, analyze production and service limitations and standards, recommend the revision of specifications, and formulate quality assurance policies and procedures. Conduct training on manufacturing quality assurance, lean manufacturing and SPC concepts and tools. The Quality Engineer is the control point for the analysis, reporting and training of a product line or lines. This job reports to the Quality Assurance Manager.
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
Level 2 Qualifications:
Education: BS degree is preferred or equivalent work experience in related fields.
Experience: 3-4 years' experience within the quality environment. Quality certification strongly desired.
Computer Skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office® programs ®, Office, and with MRP systems. Advanced Excel skills.
Other Skills: Certified blue print reader. Good trouble shooting skills and strong communication skills required.
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
• Quality certification
Description: Intermediate level
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
Traveling may be required
Safran es un grupo internacional de alta tecnología que opera en los sectores de la aeronáutica (propulsión, equipos e interiores), el espacio y la defensa. Su misión: contribuir de forma duradera a un mundo más seguro, en el que el transporte aéreo sea cada vez más respetuoso del medio ambiente, cómodo y accesible. Presente en todos los continentes, el Grupo emplea a 76 800 personas, con un volumen de negocios de 15 300 millones de euros en 2021. Ya sea por su cuenta como en colaboración con otras empresas, ocupa posiciones de liderazgo en sus mercados a nivel europeo y mundial. Safran está comprometido con los programas de investigación y desarrollo que preservan las prioridades ambientales de su hoja de ruta de innovación tecnológica.
La revista Forbes clasificó a Safran como el tercer mejor empleador del mundo en su sector en el año 2021.
Safran Cabin es líder mundial en equipamiento interior para cabinas, sistemas de catering y equipos de carga.
- © Safran