Descripción del puesto de trabajo
1. Review and approve drawings and document usage of Materials and Processes specification, cabin and industrial standards.
2. Support manufacturing initiatives that produce product to established process documents and using material per specification.
3. Author materials and process standards/specifications to support engineering and manufacturing practices, including establishing certification and recertification criteria.
4. Lead the innovation and evaluation of new material for use in aircraft interior construction
5. Oversee the receiving of products in need of testing and recertification of materials with limited shelf life
6. Supports M&S/Stress Department by generating materials mechanical properties and strengths
7. Troubleshoot and provide processing solutions for manufacturing issues related to materials
8. Engage with Core and Division Engineering on material selection, drawing notes and descriptions, and drawings sign-off, to cover all applicable disciplines requirements (primarily Flammability, M&S, Stress, Industrialization)
9. Qualify materials to existing specifications and authors and issues Qualification Reports
10. Conducts Reliability Engineering and Advanced Aging Studies on components and materials and authors reports for them
11. Leads reviews that identifies hazardous, controlled and/or restricted materials that do not meet Safran, Customer, Regulatory or International accords and directives.
12. Initiates and develops planning to remove suspect materials
13. Mentors other Engineering disciplines and works actively with Education resources (University, Industrial and Government) as needed to advance Materials Science
14. Support the creation of training for new hires and existing employees on new materials and processes as established on engineering drawings and company specifications.
15. Works with manufacturing personnel to reduce labor while increasing productivity via improved processes and material and provides suggestions to Design Engineering for improved manufacturing based on availability of new material for existing and new processes.
16. May act as team lead, overseeing test technicians and junior M&P Engineers. Duties may include scheduling work, monitoring/ creating tasks, approving time cards, training staff and contributing feedback to annual performance reviews.
17. Perform all other duties as assigned
Reporting to the Manager, Materials & Process, the Material & Process Engineer 3 is responsible for supporting Engineering by providing information of the best materials for use in the construction of aircraft components with respect to strength, weight, certification compliance and regulatory requirements. Establish processes for production personnel to efficiently and safely use the material selected per engineering drawings. Oversee the receiving, testing, and inspection of material as established in company specifications. Qualify material to specifications and establishing qualification criteria. Publish and update material and process specification for materials and processes used throughout the company. May hold team lead duties.
Salary Range: USD 77,630 – 121,990
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, in Chemical Engineering or Material Science required.
• Minimum 5 years related experience in material science or material engineering or aerospace.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), MS Windows, CATIA V5, AutoCAD, SmarTeam is a plus
• Strong knowledge of CAD & PLM Systems.
• Responsible for at least one specification (e.g. Metallurgy, Composites, Finishes)
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
* Traveling may be required.
Ubica tu futuro lugar de trabajo
5701 Bolsa Ave CA 92647
California Estados Unidos