Descripción del puesto de trabajo
The Contracts Specialist is responsible for responding to customer Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and working with the Sales Order Administration team to ensure orders are processed in accordance with contract requirements. This position reports to the Contracts Manager. This position may have direct reports
• Formulate bid responses to customer Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and
ensure responses meet customer need dates
• Present RFP responses to internal program Change Control Board (CCB) prior
to submittal to customer
• Coordinate the development/submission/review of customer proposals.
• Negotiate bid responses with customer counterpart to reach commercial
• Analyze costs, risks, and benefits of proposed contracts and price proposals
• Write/edit, proofread, format, maintain version control, and ensure
compliance to both submittal guidelines and internal organizational
• Execute all aspects of the proposal process lifecycle from initial receipt of
proposal request through completion and delivery.
• Partner with sales, service, marketing, consulting, legal and other
departments to develop and package thorough, efficient, timely, and
consistent responses to bids for business opportunities (e.g., Requests for
Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Quotes (RFQs), Requests for Information
• Coordinate with the Sales Order Administration team to ensure customer
orders are in accordance with contractual pricing, lead times, and other terms
• Communicate with team members to ensure milestones are met, proposals
comply with requirements, and critical tasks to win bids are understood and
• Create product configuration price matrices and publish program price book
• Conduct regular product configuration price reviews with the customer to
• Provide visibility to program team members on core contractual
requirements, terms and conditions
• Provide solution oriented input to the Accounting group regarding A/R
collections as required
• Assist the Contracts Manager with program sales forecasting & tracking
• As business conditions change it is necessary that all employees productively
react and handle other essential tasks as assigned now or in the future
• Tasks may vary slightly based on products produced at division
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
• Bachelor's degree
• 5 years of experience in contracts/sales proposal field.
• Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word; must be able to construct graphs and pivot tables for weekly/monthly KPI reports.
• Strong written, verbal, and analytical skills.
• Strong communication skills at all levels of the organization, both oral and written as well as strong presentation skills required
Other Preferred Skills (not required):
• Experience in commercial aircraft interior or equivalent experience is preferred.
• Knowledge and understanding of basic MRP functions and applications is preferred
• Experience in commercial negotiation is preferred.
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
* Occasional traveling is required.
Ubica tu futuro lugar de trabajo
5701 Bolsa Ave CA 92647
California Estados Unidos
- © Safran