Descripción del puesto de trabajo
The Contracts Specialist is responsible for responding to customer Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and working with the Sales Order Administration team to ensure orders are processed in accordance with contract requirements. This position reports to the Contracts Manager.
• Formulate bid responses to customer Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and ensure responses meet customer need dates
• Present RFP responses to internal program Change Control Board (CCB) prior to submittal to customer
• Coordinate the development/submission/review of customer proposals.
• Negotiate bid responses with customer counterpart to reach commercial closure
• Analyze costs, risks, and benefits of proposed contracts and price proposals accordingly.
• Write/edit, proofread, format, maintain version control, and ensure compliance to both submittal guidelines and internal organizational standards.
• Execute all aspects of the proposal process lifecycle from initial receipt of proposal request through completion and delivery.
• Partner with sales, service, marketing, consulting, legal and other departments to develop and package thorough, efficient, timely, and consistent responses to bids for business opportunities (e.g., Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Quotes (RFQs), Requests for Information (RFIs)).
• Coordinate with the Sales Order Administration team to ensure customer orders are in accordance with contractual pricing, lead times, and other terms and conditions
• Communicate with team members to ensure milestones are met, proposals comply with requirements, and critical tasks to win bids are understood and addressed.
• Create product configuration price matrices and publish program price book
• Conduct regular product configuration price reviews with the customer to ensure alignment
• Provide visibility to program team members on core contractual requirements, terms and conditions
• Provide solution oriented input to the Accounting group regarding A/R collections as required
• Assist the Contracts Manager with program sales forecasting & tracking
• As business conditions change it is necessary that all employees productively react and handle other essential tasks as assigned now or in the future
• Tasks may vary slightly based on products produced at division
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 39 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
Safran's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) goes beyond our facility walls. We value and support the communities where we live and work. One of Safran's values and CSR pillar is Corporate Citizenship that helps drive economic, social and cultural progress by sharing our gifts with those around us.
• Your Career: Safran is committed to providing internal mobility to our employees. We operate globally so the sky is the limit of where your Safran journey can take you.
• Your Development: Safran employees have free access to Safran University courses and external tuition reimbursement for approved programs or certifications.
• Your Benefits: Our suite of comprehensive benefits include health care (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, 401(k) savings plans with company match, paid time off, and more!
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
• Bachelor's degree
• 2-5 years of experience in contracts/sales proposal field.
• Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word; must be able to construct graphs and pivot tables for weekly/monthly KPI reports.
• Strong written, verbal, and analytical skills.
• Strong communication skills at all levels of the organization, both oral and written as well as strong presentation skills required
Other Preferred Skills (not required):
• Experience in commercial aircraft interior or equivalent experience is preferred.
• Knowledge and understanding of basic MRP functions and applications is preferred
• Experience in commercial negotiation is preferred.
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
Occasional traveling is required.
Safran es un grupo internacional de alta tecnología que opera en los sectores de la aeronáutica (propulsión, equipos e interiores), el espacio y la defensa. Su misión: contribuir de forma duradera a un mundo más seguro, en el que el transporte aéreo sea cada vez más respetuoso del medio ambiente, cómodo y accesible. Presente en todos los continentes, el Grupo emplea a 76 800 personas, con un volumen de negocios de 15 300 millones de euros en 2021. Ya sea por su cuenta como en colaboración con otras empresas, ocupa posiciones de liderazgo en sus mercados a nivel europeo y mundial. Safran está comprometido con los programas de investigación y desarrollo que preservan las prioridades ambientales de su hoja de ruta de innovación tecnológica.
La revista Forbes clasificó a Safran como el tercer mejor empleador del mundo en su sector en el año 2021.
Safran Cabin es líder mundial en equipamiento interior para cabinas, sistemas de catering y equipos de carga.
- © Safran