Descripción del puesto de trabajo
This job is located in Columbus, MS.
The candidate will provide on-site technical leadership and expertise to Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for production engine readiness, technical status resolution, engine installation/integration, and functional ground/flight acceptance activities ensuring successful helicopter final delivery to the end customer at site in Columbus, Mississippi. The candidate will be the focal point towards helicopter OEM production organization and to be the interface with other SafranHE or SafranHE USA departments.
Act as the primary point of contact/technical expert for the customer's helicopter production line. Provide formal SafranHE USA Part 21G production representation at OEM helicopter production facility under SafranHE USA FAA Production authority.
• Provide Technical Operation (trouble shooting, inspection, implementation of modification, service letters, Service Bulletins, 1st line maintenance) for all engine technical events from engine delivery through final helicopter acceptance tests. Implement, manage, and report all issues and actions related to engine product quality, retrofit, or upgrades consistent with OEM production contract.
• Administrate the tooling package used to perform the technical operation work on the production engines.
• Remain knowledgeable and current on all engine documentation, including reception, integration, flight test, and final delivery to the end customer.
• Provide technical guidance on revisions to engine documentation as required.
• Monitor and report all activity related to any non-conformance event from engine through final delivery to the end customer.
• Provide assistance with any sub-system activities related to engine integration by maintaining technical understanding of helicopter production process and flow within the OEM process site.
• Facilitate new and recurring training to OEM employees as applicable
• Build and maintain professional relationship with OEM employees and managers to ensure open communications on a daily basis.
• Maintain contact with customer during helicopter delivery.
• Provide regular reports (at least monthly) to SafranHE USA program management on all site-significant subject matter, including: installed and uninstalled engines delivery status, technical and commercial events at the OEM site, general statement of OEM environment (i.e. assembly line feedings, end user relationship, and projected customers visits and special events), documentation of potential issues relating to OEM general overview of and toward the SafranHE Group.
Safran Helicopter Engines USA is a federal contractor and will require all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before beginning employment with the company.
SafranHE USA Antennas ensure the technical assistance in the frame of defined contractual commitments with the Airframer. The main objective is to ensure the satisfaction of the Airframers with proximity support in quality, process organization and reporting towards DVA-CA. Primary duties as follows:
• To support the SafranHE engine installation at the Airframer Final Assembly Line.
• To re-issue airworthiness document after engine / accessories removal.
• To launch the OEM warranty process
• To take part in the OEM warranty Process action plan
• To report data to elaborate the quality KPI related to engines
• To take part in the Return Of Experience Process
• To provide information related to SafranHE engine available on Airframer site.
• To be the focal point towards the OEM procurement organization and to be the interface with other SafranHE or SafranHE USA dept.
• To perform an appropriate reporting, consistent with the contract with OEM customers
3.0 Scopes and Accountabilities:
• Follows prescribed procedures, identifies problems, and recommends solutions to fulfill organizational objectives. May act independently but must inform supervisor promptly. Divulging of confidential and/or sensitive information could lead to damage to the reputation and/or competitive posture of the corporation.
• Employees are expected to promptly report all accidents and injuries incurred while on the job during the same work shift, and are encouraged to submit request
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
• Bachelor's Degree in Aeronautics or a related field and 3 years of experience in helicopter/engine integration design, development, testing, and certification for government certification standard requirements.
• 5 years of aeronautical engineering experience on helicopter turbine engines.
• Must have FAA-approved Airframe and PowerPlant Mechanic certifications.
• Mechanical/technical/interpersonal – Advanced
5.0 Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
6.0 Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
This job is located in Columbus, MS
Safran es un grupo internacional de alta tecnología que opera en los sectores de la aeronáutica (propulsión, equipos e interiores), el espacio y la defensa. Su misión: contribuir de forma duradera a un mundo más seguro, en el que el transporte aéreo sea cada vez más respetuoso del medio ambiente, cómodo y accesible. Presente en todos los continentes, el Grupo emplea a 76 800 personas, con un volumen de negocios de 15 300 millones de euros en 2021. Ya sea por su cuenta como en colaboración con otras empresas, ocupa posiciones de liderazgo en sus mercados a nivel europeo y mundial. Safran está comprometido con los programas de investigación y desarrollo que preservan las prioridades ambientales de su hoja de ruta de innovación tecnológica.
La revista Forbes clasificó a Safran como el tercer mejor empleador del mundo en su sector en el año 2021.
Safran Helicopter Engines es el líder mundial de la motorización para helicópteros, con más de 75.000 motores fabricados desde su creación. La empresa ofrece la gama más amplia de turbomotores y cuenta con 2.500 clientes repartidos en 155 países.
- © Safran