Descripción del puesto de trabajo
Summary of Job Purpose:
• Work with others in the department to ensure department's efficiency.
• Receiving, unpacking, verifying and recording incoming merchandise or material; and arranging for the transportation of products.
• Maintain stock room and ensure that all requirements and regulations are met; stockroom remains in a safe and orderly condition.
• Responsible for maintaining physical inventory and to perform kitting production and repair activity, in compliance with quality, safety and cleanliness requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Depending on the workload, can perform the duties of the Receiving, Shipping or Kitting and train coworkers on his/her job (cross-training in the Department highly required).
• Resolve Receiving Hold with Purchasing and Customer Service
• Unload / Inspect incoming freight for damage. Routes items to appropriate department for further inspection.
• Report any damages, shortages or overages in shipments.
• Responsible for maintaining records of each incoming shipment, including the type and date.
• Coordinate with Purchasing on purchase orders / Coordinate with Quality and Customer Support Representatives on Customers LRU's.
• Counts, sorts and prioritizes incoming articles to verify receipt of items.
• Operates forklift or hand truck when applicable to remove or load onto freight truck.
• Ensure that all products are shipped out in an accurate and timely manner.
• Verify paperwork coming from Quality to ensure that it matches with the parts to be shipped out.
• Ensure proper packaging and handling for all parts and units.
• Assure proper shipping services per the customer requests.
• Identify restricted shipments according to the Department of Transportation (DOT) and know how to ship out hazardous materials in an appropriate manner.
• Schedule the shipment's pick up and arrange its transport to the loading platform.
• Responsible for maintaining records of each shipment, including the type and date.
• Establish shipping rates and any other necessary charges.
• Ensure that international shipments have the appropriate customs paperwork.
• Respond to AOG calls when assigned the AOG Logistics phone.
- Locates stock and delivers items to their destination upon request.
- Kits parts from bill of materials and deliver them to production area (move or transport material or supplies to the shop floor).
- Manages Kanban replenishment system.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The employee must stand for significant periods of time and sometimes carry large items for shipment.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
Education / Experience:
• High school diploma or GED equivalent
• At least 1 year of experience working in a stock room in a manufacturing/MRO environment
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
• This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. green card holder), political asylee or refugee
• No relocation is provided for this position. Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius will be considered.
Skills and Abilities:
• Job knowledge
Experience in a manufacturing environment/logistics/stock room
Knowledge of SAP
Experience with receiving/shipping HazMat
Knowledge of Quality processes and requirements
Familiarity with customs & FAA regulations
• Leadership skills / Management skills / Personal skills
Ability to function in a fast-paced environment, with multiple priorities
Reliable in stressful situations
The ability to read, write and interpret shipping, receiving and other types of documents
Safran es un grupo internacional de alta tecnología que opera en los sectores de la aeronáutica (propulsión, equipos e interiores), el espacio y la defensa. Su misión: contribuir de forma duradera a un mundo más seguro, en el que el transporte aéreo sea cada vez más respetuoso del medio ambiente, cómodo y accesible. Presente en todos los continentes, el Grupo emplea a 76 800 personas, con un volumen de negocios de 15 300 millones de euros en 2021. Ya sea por su cuenta como en colaboración con otras empresas, ocupa posiciones de liderazgo en sus mercados a nivel europeo y mundial. Safran está comprometido con los programas de investigación y desarrollo que preservan las prioridades ambientales de su hoja de ruta de innovación tecnológica.
La revista Forbes clasificó a Safran como el tercer mejor empleador del mundo en su sector en el año 2021.
Safran Electronics & Defense es un líder mundial en soluciones y servicios de optrónica, aviónica, electrónica y software crítico para los mercados civil y de defensa. Entre otros, la empresa equipa más de 1000 barcos, 25 000 vehículos terrestres y 10 000 aviones en todo el mundo.
- © Safran