Descripción del puesto de trabajo
Are you passionate about technology or aviation? Come invent the solutions of tomorrow in the aerospace and defense industry, with an international group where innovation, teamwork and continuing, daily education are fundamental values. Join us!
The Expeditor is responsible for supporting Operations and performing detail work such as finding the status of individual parts and expediting them through the system for use immediate use in the production of aircraft interiors. This position reports to the Production Manager.
Summary of Duties:
1. Facilitate smooth production flow by ensuring that all required parts and support equipment are available to the production floor in alignment with the production plan.
a. Expedite part shortages to assigned work-center
b. Fulfill Manufacturing Order kit backorders
c. Manage all requests needed to support critical items through the Receiving process
2. Coordinate with all applicable department Supervisors, Team Leads and other focal-points to ensure on-time delivery of parts to assigned area
3. Accurately track part shortages, including estimated delivery dates, and/or Materials Review Board disposition status
4. Coordinate with all applicable parties to properly quarantine and document non-conforming and/or rejected product.
5. Regularly communicate part status information to area Managers and Leads
6. Participate in Gemba meetings and Supply Chain shortage meetings
7. Actively assist in the management of Manufacturing Orders that have been released to the Production Floor
a. Distribute Manufacturing Orders to the appropriate work-centers
b. Manage debits and credits to Manufacturing Orders kits list in local MRP system
c. Support the full closure for all Manufacturing Orders
8. Execute the pulling and issuance of parts in local MRP in support of job duties
9. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 39 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
Safran's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) goes beyond our facility walls. We value and support the communities where we live and work. One of Safran's values and CSR pillar is Corporate Citizenship that helps drive economic, social and cultural progress by sharing our gifts with those around us.
• Your Career: Safran is committed to providing internal mobility to our employees. We operate globally so the sky is the limit of where your Safran journey can take you.
• Your Development: Safran employees have free access to Safran University courses and external tuition reimbursement for approved programs or certifications.
• Your Benefits: Our suite of comprehensive benefits include health care (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, 401(k) savings plans with company match, paid time off, Safran Perks with BenefitHub – Employee Discounts & Rewards Marketplace for consumer products/services and more!
• Management roles may be eligible for a bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable incentive plan.
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
• Education: High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
Experience: 0-3 years
Knowledge & Skills:
• Computer Skills: Familiar with Windows Operating System® and ability to utilize MRP system.
• Other Skills: Ability to read engineering blue prints and familiarity with manufacturing environment is strongly desired.
• Effective oral and written communications skills
• Basic knowledge Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and assignments with attention to detail
At Safran, diversity & inclusion is a source of richness that adds quality of life, performance, and innovation. We welcome diverse contributions and provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, disability/medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic characteristics or information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
The expected compensation for this position is between $15.68 - $24.64/hour USD. Actual compensation will be determined based on experience, education, and other factors permitted by law.
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
May require some travel.
Ubica tu futuro lugar de trabajo
7330 Lincoln Way CA 92841
California Estados Unidos