Descripción del puesto de trabajo
Responsible for performing analytical work and preparation of documents in support of certification of aircraft passenger seat products. Certification Engineer I works under close supervision of a lead certificartion engineer or supervisor/ manager to accomplish the tasks assigned in support of certification programs
Position has the aurthority to organize daily and weekly workload for them self to meet the established miltestones. Demand dates from design engineer and project engineers for drawings to support deliverables. Order test samples as required by the project scope.
Main Function Responsibilities:
A) Preparation of test plans, reports and other necessary documents in support of FAA certification and compliance with Airframe manufacturer requirements.
B) Ensure products comply with FAA TSO requirements
C) Review and sign-off Engineering drawings with proper verification of compliance.
D) Compliance with Safran Seats USA procedures and certification internal procedures.
E) Performs hand calculations and basic computer-based calculations to support analysis
F) Review and understand drawings and FEA reports for risk analysis purposes
G) Coordinate and oversee testing at in-house and outside laboratories to support certification programs
H) Perform failure investigation and support redesign activates as required
I) Performs other duties as assigned by the project lead or Certification Manager to support certification programs.
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
A. Education & Qualification:
• Must have a Bachelor's degree in Aerospace Engineering, Aerospace Science, Aerospace Safety, Aeronautical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Design Engineering, Mechanical and Energy Engineering or a related engineering degree or 12 years equivalent related experience based on education and or experience in lieu of degree.
B. Work Experience - Technical knowledge:
• 1 year of related experience preferred
C. Professional Skills:
• Must have ability to think strategically and solve problems.
• Must be able to operate standard office equipment.
• Must be able to generate technical reports with a minimum typing speed of 25 wpm.
• Must have the ability to analyze engineering drawings.
• Must have the basic understanding of the concept of stress and strain in materials.
• Must be willing to perform tests and some physical work at the test laboratory, as required.
• Must have basic knowledge of CAD software
• Must have basic proficiency with MS office tools
• Must have the ability to generate written communication and to operate required office equipment.
• Ability to read and review written communication.
• Speech and hearing abilities that allow individual to communicate clearly and distinctly in English.
D. Behavioral Skills:
• Must be detail oriented and have sound engineering judgment.
• Must be self-motivated and a self-starter.
E. Desirable Aspects:
• Experience in Aerospace through projects or professional work
• Catia V5, AutoCAD proficiency.
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
International and/or Domestic travel required; less than 1 week per Year.
Ubica tu futuro lugar de trabajo
2000 Weber Dr TX 76240
Texas Estados Unidos