Descripción del puesto de trabajo
Provides Engineering leadership to a team representing multiple skill areas, which may include internal and external resources and customers. Develop engineering project plans to accomplish customer requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Develops statement of work (SOW) to satisfy research, ongoing development, and new business requirements.
• Works with customers and management to obtain SOW approval.
• Identifies and manages changes to SOW, assesses the impact of those changes, and incorporates as required.
• Negotiates proposed changes to determine modifications to deliverables, resources, costs and schedules.
• Leads project execution to complete the work statement.
• Identifies program performance metrics.
• Plans identifies and coordinates resources required over the life of the project or program
• Lead a team of up to 50 engineers. Provide planning, organization, coaching, mentoring, and training.
• Manages multiple priorities and competing tasks while prioritizing and assigning tasks and assignments to team members.
• Works constructively with other departments and vendors to gain consensus on the best plan of attack on each program issue
• Communicates clearly with the engineering team, other departments, the customer and vendors as required to facilitate smooth completion of the engineering package
• Plans an engineering package, prepares staffing plans, anticipates critical path issues and sets a schedule to meet program schedules and budgets.
• Provides periodic project status to upper management using the latest presentation techniques.
• Stays on top of a program, delivers message to NAT Engineers, and serves as the focal point and conductor for all engineering activities on a particular program.
• Delegates responsibility to achieve efficiency.
• Evaluates and approves designs, changes, specifications, and drawing releases.
• Maintains regular attendance including being at work, being on time to work and working full shifts.
• Other duties as assigned.
Job Core Competencies
• Project Management – Develops project plans, coordinates projects, communicates changes and progress, completes project on time and budget, and manages project team activities.
• Judgment – You display a willingness to make decisions, you exhibit sound and accurate judgment, you support and explain reasoning for decisions, you include appropriate people in decision-making process, and you make timely decisions.
• Leadership – You exhibit confidence in self and others, you inspire respect and trust, you react well under pressure, you show courage to take action, and you motivate others to perform well.
• Negotiation Skills – You clarify interests and positions of all parties and adjust tactics to achieve desired results; you manage conflict, manipulation, and strong emotions; and you develop alternative options for mutual gain.
Annual Salary: USD 84,490-132,770
Why Should You Join Us?
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 39 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
• Your Career: Safran is committed to providing internal mobility to our employees. We operate globally so the sky is the limit of where your Safran journey can take you.
• Your Development: Safran employees have free access to Safran University courses and external tuition reimbursement for approved programs or certifications.
• Your Benefits: Our suite of comprehensive benefits includes health care (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, 401(k) savings plan with company match, paid time off, Safran Perks with BenefitHub – Employee Discounts & Rewards Marketplace for consumer products/services and more!
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Working knowledge of aircraft structural, interior, mechanical and electrical engineering.
• Structural substantiation and certification.
• Aviation background and aircraft interior experience required.
• Ability to lead team of up to 20 Engineers in productive and efficient manner to generate aircraft modification engineering.
• Ability to coach, train, and mentor team of engineers.
• Ability to assess team strengths and delegate work to gain maximum results.
• Ability to work constructively with other departments and vendors to gain consensus on the best plan for each program issue.
• Ability to prepare meeting materials and conduct design reviews as required to keep all parties informed of progress, gain team consensus and progress the engineering package to completion.
• Ability to plan an engineering package, prepare staffing plans, anticipate critical path issues and set a schedule to meet program schedules and budgets.
• Strong communication, time management and problem-solving skills.
• Computer skills should include the ability to use CAD systems, spreadsheets, word processing, project scheduling and project presentation software.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use hands to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and have close/color vision ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to travel as required.
• Ability to work overtime as required.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to meet high expectations for meeting strict schedule, budget and technical solutions.
• Ability to lead engineers through an entire project including creating their own schedules and holding them accountable for meeting the strict deadlines with minimal margin of error.
• Ability to adapt to tailored processes designed for prototype engineering (vs. production engineering).
• Knowledge of Earned Value Management System (EVMS).
Summary of Education, Experience & Certification
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in engineering or equivalent, minimum 7 years industry experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
Ubica tu futuro lugar de trabajo
415 Riverside Rd. WA 98201
Washington Estados Unidos
- Los mapas están disponibles bajo la licencia Open Database Licence.
- © OpenStreetMap contributors.
- © Safran