Descripción del puesto de trabajo
Creates complex design of aircraft interiors, structures and/or mechanical systems to meet customer criteria, quality standards, FAA requirements, budget and project schedules using Computer Aided Drafting/Design tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Designs complex mechanical aircraft interior furnishing, structures, and/or mechanical systems.
• Ensures designs meet customer criteria, quality standards and FAA requirements.
• Adheres to budget and project schedules.
• Provides design guidance and feedback to other engineering personnel.
• May perform as functional ‘Lead' for group on specific projects.
• Maintains regular attendance including being at work, being on time to work and working full shifts.
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Job Core Competencies
• Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, supports and explains reasoning for decisions, includes appropriate people in decision-making process, and makes timely decisions.
• Planning and Organization – Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently, plans for additional resources, integrates changes smoothly, sets goals and objectives, and works in an organized manner.
• Job Knowledge – Competent in required job skills and knowledge, exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills, keeps abreast of current developments, requires minimal supervision, displays understanding of how job relates to others, and uses resources effectively.
Why Should You Join Us?
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 39 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
• Your Career: Safran is committed to providing internal mobility to our employees. We operate globally so the sky is the limit of where your Safran journey can take you.
• Your Development: Safran employees have free access to Safran University courses and external tuition reimbursement for approved programs or certifications.
• Your Benefits: Our suite of comprehensive benefits includes health care (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, 401(k) savings plan with company match, paid time off, Safran Perks with BenefitHub – Employee Discounts & Rewards Marketplace for consumer products/services and more!
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• 3D Computer Aided Drafting/Design skills (Inventor and AutoCAD preferred).
• Ability to check engineering drawings for Fit, Form and Function.
• Knowledge of industry design and documentation standards.
• Experience with mechanical assemblies and manufacturing technique design.
• Ability to coach and motivate team of engineers.
• Ability to work independently and cross-functionally.
• Budget and project management experience required.
• Experience leading employees/teams in productive and efficient manner.
• Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
• Strong time-management and organizational skills.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use hands to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and have close/color vision ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to travel as required.
• Ability to work outside of core business hours as required.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to meet high expectations for meeting strict schedule, budget and technical solutions.
• Ability to adapt and lead tailored processes designed for prototype engineering (vs. production engineering)
• Demonstrate technical expertise under strict deadlines with minimal margin of error.
• Extensively broad and diverse knowledge of multiple mechanical disciplines: Lower and upper attached structure, monuments, ceilings, side walls, flooring, placards, OEM modifications, etc.
Summary of Education, Experience & Certification
• Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in engineering with a minimum of 8 years relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Aviation background and aircraft interior experience required.
• Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
Ubica tu futuro lugar de trabajo
3561 Shelby Lane TX 76207
Texas Estados Unidos
- Los mapas están disponibles bajo la licencia Open Database Licence.
- © OpenStreetMap contributors.
- © Safran