Descripción del puesto de trabajo
Builds high-end aircraft cabinetry using a variety of veneers, laminates and composite materials in a timely and efficient fashion ensuring quality standards are attained.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Reads customer specification documents.
• Reads and interprets engineering drawings.
• Works with aerospace materials consistently.
• Prepares kerf and fiberglass panels.
• Builds drawers and cabinets on medium monuments.
• Applies and works with veneer on products.
• Lays out and routes for switches, cup holders and inlays.
• Installs inlays.
• Lays out and cuts materials on the table saw.
• Labels parts for re-assemble.
• Builds shop aids.
• Fabricates small sheet metal parts (angles, clips, brackets, etc.).
• Manufactures items needed for final assembly adjustments (shims, blocks, etc.).
• Bonds hinge blocks into panels, set doors, drawers, etc.
• Wears safety equipment as required and complies with safety guidelines and procedures.
• Produces a quality product consistently.
• Properly maintains shop tools and equipment.
• Maintains a neat, organized work area and help with the general daily housekeeping of the department.
• Meets target hours and completes schedules as set by Supervision.
• Maintains regular attendance including being at work, being on time to work and working full shifts.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies
Greenpoint Core Competencies
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and accepts constructive criticism/feedback and changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
• Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts effectively in verbal and written form, exhibits good listening and comprehension, and keeps others informed and uses appropriate communication methods.
• Dependability - Responds to requests for service and assistance, follows instruction and responds to management direction, takes responsibility for own actions and doing the best job possible, keeps commitments, and maintains reliable attendance.
• Initiative - Sets and achieves challenging goals, demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles, measures self against standard of excellence, recognizes and acts on opportunities, and takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, and puts success of team above own interests.
• Work Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, displays commitment to excellence, looks for ways to improve and promote quality, applies feedback to improve performance, and monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Safety – You observe safety and security procedures, you determine appropriate action beyond guidelines, you use equipment and materials properly, and you report potent
Personal Tool Requirements
NOTE: Although the company provides some tools, the production of Aerospace Interiors is a highly developed skill that requires many personal tools enabling an individual to construct quality items in a productive time frame. Tools that may help improve the productivity and efficiency are Cordless Drills, pneumatic Drills, Angle Drills (Angle Drill suggested but not required), etc.
The minimum required tools must be obtained within 6 months after initial employment.
Tool Box Small Hammer Awl
Calculator Chisel Set (1/8" to 1") Pliers (regular & needle nose)
Putty knife Scale (24 inch flex in 16R grads.) Scale (6 inch in 16R grads.)
Screwdriver (Straight) Screwdriver (Phillips #1 & # 2) Square (12" Combo in 16R grads)
Tape Measure (10') Dec/Frac Utility Knife Crescent Wrench (Sm &/or Med)
Allen Wrenches (Sm Set) Wire Cutters Offset Screwdriver (90 Degree)
Tap Set Calipers Punch, Center
Vise Grips (sm) Flashlight
Additional Tool Requirements:
Socket Set 90 Degree Die Grinder Semco Sealant Gun
Trim Router Angle Drill Motor Large Hand Router
Shop Tool Operation
NOTE: An employee professing knowledge necessary to operate any machine on this checklist will be required to demonstrate these abilities. No employee should operate equipment until another employee who has proven experience on the equipment in question has instructed the employee in the set up
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
Summary of Education, Experience & Certification
Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent. Minimum of two years aircraft cabinetry experience.
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to communicate in English (read, write and verbally communicate).
• Mathematical knowledge and ability to apply towards problem solving.
• Ability to identify and operate proper tools for the task assigned.
• Exhibits hand-eye coordination skills.
• Identifies application characteristics of adhesives and epoxies.
• Ability to read measuring instruments.
• Ability to correctly label parts for re-assemble.
• Ability to build shop aids.
• Ability to fabricate small sheet metal parts (angles, clips, brackets, etc).
• Ability to manufacture items needed for final assembly adjustments (shims, blocks, etc).
• Ability to travel as required.
• Ability to work outside of core business hours as required.
• Able to comply with DOT/FAA Drug and Alcohol Testing Program.
• Able to climb and work on step stools and/or ladders.
• Able to lift 25 lbs. without assistance/able to lift up to 100 lbs. with assistance.
• Able to reach overhead.
• Able to work in a non-dust-free environment.
• Normal or corrected vision (required to perform exacting tasks).
• Full range of motion with both hands.
• Can work in a stooping, kneeling, standing position and in cramped areas
Ubica tu futuro lugar de trabajo
3561 Shelby Lane TX 76207
Texas Estados Unidos
- © Safran