Descripción del puesto de trabajo
A glimpse at the job:
POWERED BY TRUST. At Safran Electrical Components, we're all about trust: the trust employees place in the Safran Group and the trust customers place in us. We trust our employees to bring bold ideas to build the future of aerospace together. In the role of Regional Purchasing Director, you manage the processes of obtaining and securing, with best-in-class Quality/Cost/Delivery conditions, product components, equipment, and services for the Company, in accordance with the division budget and financial objectives. If you're looking for the opportunity to apply your talents and demonstrate your enthusiasm for the aerospace industry as we build smarter electrical solutions for a better flight, this could be the position for you!
This position contributes to our vision by:
• Manages the sourcing and purchasing of all direct (product related) and indirect (non product related) materials and services from a global supply base in coordination with SEC Europe and in compliance with SEC Purchasing strategy;
• Defines the targets and the related road maps for the Purchasing team to achieve its assigned targets in accordance with SEC objectives;
• Achieves competitive advantage from a total cost perspective including low carbon project requirements, quality, on time delivery, price, lead times, minimum order quantity, inventory and payment terms;
• Assumes leadership and guidance on major programs/commodity/supplier purchasing negotiations;
• Be a role model in supporting purchasing digitalization tools to enhance purchasing functions efficiency and competitiveness
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical & Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail [email protected] or call: 940-272-5626. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Ongoing initiatives, like [email protected] and our engagement action plans, have helped to create a diverse, inclusive, empowered, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making Safran Electrical & Power a great place to work.
The CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) strategy, Engage for the Future, is based on four pillars: decarbonizing aviation, being an exemplary employer, exemplifying responsible industry, and affirming our commitment to society. In response to the urgent climate challenge, Safran has an ambitious policy to support the transition to carbon-neutral aviation by 2050, involving all of our teams in the solutions. At Safran, we are passionate employees who work together for a sustainable future.
Safran Electrical & Power offers competitive salaries, recognition programs, comprehensive benefits, retirement plans with employer match, corporate university training courses, professional development programs, tuition assistance, hybrid remote work, flexible work scheduling and paid leave. We offer the opportunity for a rich and diverse career across over 300 job fields and international sites while our teams work to continuously develop their skills.
Relocation assistance is not offered for this position.
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
Safran Electrical & Power looks for service-oriented team players with strong interpersonal skills, the right attitude and adaptability to an innovative and evolving environment.
• Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Purchasing or related field and 8+ years purchasing negotiation experience in a fast paced manufacturing sector such as Aerospace, Automotive, High tech, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Requires 5 years management or supervisory experience working with a team of 5+ members
• Must be an initiative taking leader – Expert
• Demonstrable negotiation skills, coupled with the ability to drive successful supplier relationships – Expert
• Ability to manage a Purchasing team in a demanding lean manufacturing environment where the purchasing strategy is fundamental to business success – Expert
• Ability to identify, propose and implement strategic improvement proposals with respect to organization, procedures, and workflows – Expert
• Some travel required
Across all team members, we are looking for the following attributes:
• Team oriented
• Process focused
• Open & honest communication
• Quality minded
• Ability to persevere and honor commitments
• Recognizes success
• Executes with urgency
• Creates solutions
• Customer focused in everything we do
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
Candidates for positions with Safran Electrical & Power must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. This position requires access to technologies and hardware subject to US national security based export control requirements. All applicants must be US Persons (8 USC 1324b(a)(3)), or otherwise authorized by the U.S. Government. No company sponsorship will be offered.
Ubica tu futuro lugar de trabajo
North America wiring Labinal Services, 3790 Russell, Newman Blvd 76208- 2936
Texas Estados Unidos
- © Safran