Descripción del puesto de trabajo
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for providing support in a variety of human resource functions, which include employee relations, recruitment, benefits, compensation, policies and procedures, training and development, and performance management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Serves as a trusted advisor and resource to employees and managers on HR-related matters, including policies, procedures, benefits, and employee relations.
• Maintains and updates HR documentation including employee handbooks, job descriptions, and employee files.
• Recruits qualified applicants for job openings, conducts phone screens, schedules interviews, conducts background checks, creates new hire binders and processes new hire paperwork.
• Facilitates the onboarding of all employees and conducts HR and benefits new hire orientation.
• Assists in the development, coordination and implementation of systems, policies and procedures pertaining to human resource functions.
• Supports managers in the development of their direct reports; helps with career pathing and succession planning.
• Partners with managers to review and analyze feedback and creates action plans based on engagement surveys.
• Assists in the coordination of the annual performance evaluation and merit increase process.
• Assists with conducting exit interviews; analyzes findings and makes recommendations to reduce turnover.
• Completes reports and dashboards as requested by management and corporate.
• Develops, tracks, and analyzes key HR metrics.
• Assists in the administration of the company's DOT and non-DOT drug and alcohol programs; ensures compliance with DOT/FAA regulations and company policies and procedures.
• Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
• Develops, implements, and administers other HR initiatives and projects.
• Monitors employee timecards and tracks attendance for hourly employees.
• Manages and enters employee information in the HRIS system.
• Assists with bi-weekly payroll processing.
• Maintains records of training and development activities and assists Training Manager with training projects as needed.
• Performs other duties as required.
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
• Excellent time management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Highly organized with an ability to multitask and excel in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
• Ability to direct, motivate, and give constructive feedback.
• Thorough knowledge of HR concepts, best practices, and procedures.
• Thorough knowledge of state and federal employment laws.
• Ability to exercise an extremely high degree of confidentiality with sensitive information.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field required.
• At least one to three years of human resource experience required.
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
This position may require travel up to 10% of the time.
Ubica tu futuro lugar de trabajo
2515, North Belt Line Road, Grand Prairie TX 75050
Texas Estados Unidos