Descripción del puesto de trabajo
Are you passionate about technology or aviation? Come invent the solutions of tomorrow in the aerospace and defense industry, with an international group where innovation, teamwork and continuing, daily education are fundamental values. Join us!
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 36 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
• Your Career: Safran is committed to providing internal mobility to our employees. We operate globally so the sky is the limit of where your Safran journey can take you.
• Your Development: Safran employees have free access to Safran University courses and external tuition reimbursement for approved programs or certifications.
• Your Benefits: Our suite of comprehensive benefits include health care (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, paid time off, Safran Perks with BenefitHub – Employee Discounts & Rewards Marketplace for consumer products/services and more!
This position will primarily work in the Logistics Department. This employee will be responsible for stocking parts in their appropriate locations after applying identification labels; kitting parts from stockroom locations for a variety of orders; performing part receipts and issuing transaction using our Business System performing all logistics related transactions for parts issues, credits and scrap; maintaining MRO inventory (Min/Max) and placing orders when necessary and delivering parts to specified locations within the company premises. This employee will move product throughout the shop floor using a standard fork lift, a pallet jack and possibly a stand up lift. In addition these employees may receive parts and perform receiving transaction. When not performing stockroom or receiving duties these employees may be asked to package products for shipping and prepare the proper documentation. This employee may be asked to perform dispatch duties such as picking up parts and dropping them off. This employee will be expected to train other Material Clerks and finally this employee will perform other duties as assigned.
The expected hourly rate for this position is between $15.50 - $24.64 USD. Actual compensation will be determined based on experience, education, and other factors permitted by law.
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
Education and Experience: High School Diploma or experience/knowledge as determined by management and a minimum of 5 years working experience in a production environment or equivalent business environment.
This position required the ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks; the ability to operate a PC with knowledge of Microsoft Office or similar software package with prior experience creating excel spread sheets and entering data. The employee must have the ability to learn our Internal Business Software and the ability to learn how to drive a fork lift. The employee must have a broad understanding of supply chain functions and processes and must be able to determine the most efficient and cost effective routes.
1. Forklift and cherry picker experience to pick and move parts to higher locations in manufacturing areas. The maximum height the cheery picker goes up to is 24 ft.
2. Ability to operate PC with knowledge of Microsoft Office or similar software packages
3. Prior Experience creating excel spread sheets and entering data
4. Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks, and take the initiative
5. Strong oral communication skills
6. Must possess basic Math skills and be able to comprehend varying units of measure
7. Must know how to use measuring scales, weight scales, and counting scales
8. Ability to utilize barcode scanning equipment
9. Basic understanding of manufacturing processes
10. If selected to perform dispatch function should possess following additional skills:
a. Broad understanding of supply chain functions and processes
b. Must be able to determine efficient and cost effective routes
c. Must be able to follow delivery and pickup instructions
d. Experience driving a bobtailed truck and ¾ ton delivery van
At Safran, diversity & inclusion is a source of richness that adds quality of life, performance, and innovation. We welcome diverse contributions and provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, disability/medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic characteristics or information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.