Descripción del puesto de trabajo
Provide technical support for in-house manufacturing. A minimum of 50% of work time to be spent on the production floor. Work with assembly technicians to help resolve production problems that occur. Evaluate problems, troubleshoot, and create corrective action plans to resolve. Also, create/update production Manufacturing Instructions, using 3D models (provided.)
Often times, problems that occur are complex and require cross functional collaboration with other department functions to resolve, such as with Engineering, Purchasing, Supplier Quality, etc. A drive, with sense of urgency, to complete tasks is critical to resolving these sorts of issues.
What are the expected outcomes for the internship?
• Learn what working in a production environment entails
• Learn how to work in a cross functional environment where communication is critical
• Earn respect of your peers through hard work and driving projects to closure
What types of training will be conducted during the internship?
• SolidWorks and Smarteam training as required
• 8D Problem Solving training
• Creation of Manufacturing Instruction training
How will educational and professional growth opportunities be facilitated?
• The experienced gained during the WWS Internship is applicable to a broad spectrum of industries (aerospace, automotive, Mechanical engineering, Electrical Engineer, among others)
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
o Able to work the full 6 month program, 20-40 hours per week
o Junior or Senior Undergraduate Engineering student preferred, recent grads also accepted
o Some SolidWorks and/or Smarteam and/or CATIA experience beneficial
o Able to interpret complex engineering drawings
o Hands-on mechanical and/or electrical skills required
- © Safran