Descripción del puesto de trabajo
Serves as a key leader in the organization by operation at senior level, impacting company strategy, and collaborating with department heads to drive continuous improvement. Plans, directs and manages the accomplishment of business unit engineering objectives. Provides professional technical guidance and ensures sound engineering procedures and effective use of facilities. Directs all activities and policies of organizational unit engineering efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for the processes, best practices, checklists and metrics associated with stress, flammability, materials & processes, testing, requirements and systems engineering disciplines (for both Greenpoint and NAT).
• Author processes related to stress, flammability, materials & processes, testing, requirements and systems engineering disciplines.
• Responsible for all tools used by managers and engineers within stress, flammability, materials & processes, testing, requirements and systems engineering disciplines (hardware, software, electronic workflows, etc…).
• Responsible for managing her/his department budget (compensations, benefits, travel expenses, training expenses, cell phone expenses, etc…).
• Responsible for DCCI level continuous improvements related to stress, flammability, materials & processes, testing, requirements and systems engineering disciplines.
• Responsible for evaluating/benchmarking processes, best practices, metrics, tools, etc… from peers, from other aerospace companies and from any relevant/applicable sources outside of the aerospace industry (other industries, universities, etc…).
• Responsible for ensuring that metrics applicable to stress, flammability, materials & processes, testing, requirements and systems engineering disciplines meet the agreed targets.
• Responsible for DCCI level training for stress, flammability, materials & processes, testing, requirements and systems engineering disciplines.
• Manage and approve timesheets, PTO requests for her/his direct reports.
• Prepares and conducts 1:1 discussions, annual performance reviews, mid-year reviews and identify successors.
• Ensures all work is accomplished in accordance with DCCI policies, processes and procedures.
• Proactively addresses any employee relations issues to enhance morale and productivity.
• Ensure staffing plan at the DCCI level support ongoing and forecasted programs.
• Partners with managers and HR on recruiting, hiring, coaching, counseling and terminations.
• Ensures growth and development of organizational units by providing appropriate training, opportunities and identifying employee goals.
• Serves as a role model and champion of DCCI values and culture.
• Manages multiple priorities and competing tasks and ensures assignment of tasks to team members meet business objectives.
• Works constructively with other departments within DCCI to gain consensus on actions to be taken to complete engineering tasks and resolve any engineering issue requiring input from other departments.
• Maintains regular attendance including being at work, being on time to work and working full shifts.
• Other duties as assigned.
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
Summary of Education, Experience & Certification
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in an engineering discipline (Master's Degree desirable) with a minimum of 15 years related experience in the aerospace industry and a minimum of 8 years managerial experience with proven track record of effective team-building and talent development or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Proven management skills including leadership of high-performing team, employee development and effective change management.
• Ability to work well independently and cross-functionally as part of an established and growing team.
• Strong communication, time-management and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent technical, conceptual and financial skills required.
• Ability to motivate team efforts to accomplish goals.
• Ability to motivate, coach and manage a team including conducting annual performance reviews.
• Ability to build effective working relationships, persuade and influence.
• Proven ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and basic algebra.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Working knowledge of Database software; Design software; Internet software; Project Management software; and Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use hands to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and have close/color vision ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to travel as required.
• Ability to work outside of core business hours as required.
Ubica tu futuro lugar de trabajo
11724 NE 195th Street WA 98011
Washington Estados Unidos
- © Safran