Descripción del puesto de trabajo
Staff position with primary concern for Process design and improvement for FAA Repair Station
environment. The engineer will utilize his or her knowledge and experience to develop a robust
quality system to meet Turn Time requirements while achieving world class quality levels.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Process and Method improvements - through common methods, such as tooling, instructions, and equipment, provide method improvement to the production floor.
2. Provide mechanical and technical support when troubleshooting problems effecting production and quality.
3. Maintenance and distribution of labor standards.
4. Development of labor standards for existing products on "new bill of material requests".
5. Facility and workstation layout.
6. Research and development of capital projects.
7. Provide and maintain detailed work instructions when needed.
8. Preparation of product estimates for manufacturing operations. This includes estimates of special tools, fixtures, and equipment needed for the new product.
9. Troubleshooting all problems effecting the production area. This includes providing corrective action to pickups, and addressing problem areas on a priority basis.
10. Research and development of new equipment and processes to aid the manufacturing process.
11. Analyze and provide solutions for negative margin orders.
12. Implementation of new products from engineering to production. Responsible for the development of all tooling, instructions, and processes to successfully repair product.
13. Calculation of metrics and value stream mapping.
14. Other duties as assigned.
Candidates for positions with SAU must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. This description has been designed to indicate the general nature & level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities & qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status. SAU is committed to working with & providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical & mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail [email protected] We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. SAU is an Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled | Drug Free Workplace.
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
a) CONTRIBUTION TO QUALITY
The primary contribution to quality revolves around providing items such as tooling,
work instructions, and capital equipment. Participation in the implementation of ISO
9001/AS9110, Process Action Teams and customer audits also provide quality
b) LANGUAGE SKILLS
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret and interpret general business periodicals,
professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write
reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present
information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and
the general public.
c) MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference
including Six Sigma problem solving. Ability to apply concepts such as Gage R&R,
ANOVA, Design of Experiments, Control Charts, and Process Capability.
d) EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university and 5 or more years of
experience. Certified Quality Engineer, Certified Six Sigma Green/Black Belt preferred.
e) REASONING ABILITY
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or
diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
f) ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS
Most work is conducted from a sitting position, however, both standing and walking are
required as well as ability to talk and hear. Work sometimes involved working near
moving or mechanical parts and almost always is there exposure to fumes or airborne
particles. The average noise level is loud. Regular attendance is an essential job function.
g) LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, AND REGISTRATIONS
Certification through American Society for Quality-Quality Engineer, Green/Black Belt
is preferred by not required.
h) COMMUNICATION SKILLS
Must have the ability to generate written communication and strong oral communication, plus
presentation skills. Ability to read and review written communication.
i) PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee
to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This
position is very active and requires long periods of standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping,
crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items
over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision,
color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
j) OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to work with specific computer software, spr
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
Ubica tu futuro lugar de trabajo
4900 St Joe Blvd Building 200 Atlanta St Joe Blvd GA 30337
Georgie Estados Unidos
- © Safran