Descripción del puesto de trabajo
SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines.
With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design.
Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
• Unique and High-end Quality products
• Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
• Passenger Experience Expertise
• In-house design studio and group Synergies
• Dedicated production line and Industrialisation facilities
• Bespoke capabilities
• Co-creation abilities
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran Seats GB, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have a large, canteen/break area with indoor and outdoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
Carry out the electrical certification activities and electrical certification projects relating to seats and seat surrounding furniture assemblies.
Help maintain the high quality standard of electrical certification documents and ensure on-time delivery of documents at all times.
Meet OTD of all the electrical certification documentation with the right first time (RFT) approach.
Make sure that a template of electrical specifications of all LRU's used on the seat / suites are in place.
Liase externally with Boeing and Airbus to qualify electrical LRU's and electrical systems and work out solutions to certify the LRU's and electrical systems.
To support the Senior Electrical Certification Engineer to plan and successfully execute the electrical certification activities at SGB.
Generate, update and deliver electrical certification tasks and documents across Safran Seats Products (seats and surrounding furniture assemblies, with electrical lighting systems, actuation systems, heating systems, and IFE systems and other passenger comfort features). This extends to Seats France and Seats US programmes. UK & International travel will be required.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
• Manage and deliver electrical certification programmes as per agreed schedules.
• Coordinate externally with regulatory agencies i.e, EASA, FAA, Boeing, Airbus and various Integrators to certify the electrical components installed in their aircraft seats
• Review and analyse electrical design data (installation drawings/wire diagrams, etc..) to ensure successful integration of electrical subsystems within the seat architecture.
• Responsible for the compilation and review of certification and documents such as qualification plans, test plans, test reports, electrical load analysis, grounding and bonding diagrams, Engineering Process Specification's (EPS), etc.
• Liaise externally with electrical equipment manufacturers to finalise the equipment and the installation specifications of the equipment on the seats/seat surrounding furnitures.
• Compile electrical component hardware and software specifications, to enable the supplier to develop and manufacture the electrical components to be installed in our products.
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
• Liaise internally with other teams (e.g Design, Industrialisation, procurement etc) to support LRU procurement, installation, troubleshootinig and qualification.
• Participate in Design reviews as required, in support of LRU installation and certification.
• Analyze and oversee Electrical Certification requirements, e.g. EMC /EMI testing (Electrical Systems)
• Preparation and review of the Qualification Test Plans/Reports, Acceptance Test Plans/Reports
• Preparation and review of System Safety Analysis Documents, FMEA Documents and Grounding and Bonding Documents, etc.
• Completion of Design Verification Testing in support of first article inspections.
• Generate documentation for development and certification testing of seat electrical equipment and harnesses.
• Prepare and conduct and development and certification testing as required.
• Prepare test/analysis documentation for customer and regulatory approval
• Attend and participate in programme related PDR, CDR and FAI events as required.
• Mentor Apprentices / Network 75 Engineers
• To communicate effectively and professionally at all levels internally and externally with customers and suppliers likewise.
Qualified to a minimum of a degree in an electrical engineering field. Alternatively a HNC/HND or an equivalent qualification in an Electrical Engineering field, with a demonstrated knowledge / experience in electrical certification and/or aircraft interior equipment and installation
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
Safran es un grupo internacional de alta tecnología que opera en los campos de la aeronáutica (propulsión, equipamiento e interiores), espacio y defensa. Su misión: contribuir de forma duradera a un mundo más seguro, donde el transporte aéreo sea cada vez más respetuoso con el medio ambiente, más cómodo y más accesible. Establecido en todos los continentes, el Grupo emplea a 79.000 personas para una facturación de 16.5 mil millones de euros en 2020, y ocupa, solo o en asociación, posiciones de liderazgo mundial o europeo en sus mercados. Safran está comprometido con programas de investigación y desarrollo que preservan las prioridades ambientales de su hoja de ruta de innovación tecnológica. Safran ha sido posicionada como el mejor empleador a nivel mundial en su sector en el año 2020 por la revista Forbes. Safran Seats es uno de los líderes mundiales de los asientos de aviones, para tripulaciones y pasajeros. 1 millón de asientos fabricados por Safran Seats están actualmente en servicio en las flotas aéreas mundiales.