Descripción del puesto de trabajo
Job Summary – Sales and Service Manager, SEC London
- Managing and developing SEC Canada OE business
- Managing and developing SEC Americas Services Business in line with the strategy defined at SEC division level
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To establish and develop long term relationships with the specified Key Accounts.
• Know the key players and decision makers
• Build strong relationships with each of them
2. To maintain, protect and grow our business with these Key Accounts
• Liaise closely with the London site management and the sales Directors
• Regular visits, meetings and other contact
• Accurate and up to date knowledge all of the key projects, plans, developments and strategies of each customer
• Ensure our share of business is maintained and increased
3. To identify, target and gain new business and coordinate with all stakeholders
• Work with Sales Directors and London site management to identify possible opportunities & target accounts/projects
• Evaluate opportunities & visits, as required
• Establish a plan to gain this business
• Gain internal support and/or resources, as required
• Gain new business
4. To maintain effective reporting and records
• Record all sales visits, new contracts & new opportunities through the regular submission of sales visit reports
• Provide a monthly rolling forecast, quotation follow up, sales report and activity plan update
• Provide an annual sales forecast/budget for the respective sales territories and businesses (OEM / Aftermarket)
• Report regularly on competitor activity
5. To assist in the preparation of customer proposals & quotations as appropriate
• Submit request for proposals to the Company, in compliance with site procedures and Company delegation rules
• Follow up: ensure proposal is prepared and submitted on time
• Follow up with customer to gain the business
6. To support the program and any relevant project or development activity in their specific market area
• Understand strategies of the Product Lines
• Maintain regular contact & report back on progress
7. To play an active role as a member of the North American and Services Sales Team
• Play an active role in the Sales Meetings
• Share knowledge, customer information, etc...
• Communicate to all functions within SEC-US, key actions and information relating to both the assigned territorial business as well as any SEC-US sensitive issues
Please note that the list of assignments aforementioned is not exhaustive and not contractual.
Based on the business needs, the position holder must perform any and all other duties assigned by the supervisor/manager.
Expectations would be that the candidate could be expected to travel 50% and be present at the London site at least 2 workdays per week
- Achieve overall annual Billings and Bookings targets
- Achieve targets on both OE & AM growth
- Increase Shipset and Services value
- Establish a maintain an opportunity funnel to meet annual growth expectations
• Education level
University Degree in Engineering (Aerospace, Mechanical or Electrical)
• Language skills
English. French would be a plus.
• Mathematical skills
Comfortable with developing and proving out a Commercial and Aftermarket business case in a concise manner, calculating NPV, IRR, and long term profitability
Experienced in the use of databases and excel is critical
• Experience – Technical Skills
- Experience in the Aerospace and Defense Market with knowledge of Aftermarket environment (MRO, Airlines, Naval/Airland forces…)
- Able to understand customers key technical requirements and communicate these needs internally.
• Interpersonal skills
Ability to work independently as well as be an active and collaborative team member in order to achieve overall performance expectations.
- © Safran