Descripción del puesto de trabajo
SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines.
With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design.
Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
• Unique and High-end Quality products
• Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
• Passenger Experience Expertise
• In-house design studio and group Synergies
• Dedicated production line and Industrialisation facilities
• Bespoke capabilities
• Co-creation abilities
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran Seats GB, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have a large, subsidised canteen/break area with indoor and outdoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
Flammability Certification Engineer
Carry out the flammability certification activities and flammability certification projects relating to seats and seat surrounding furniture assemblies.
Help maintain the high quality standard of flammability certification documents and ensure on-time delivery of documents at all times.
Meet OTD of all the flammability certification documentation with the right first time (RFT) approach.
Liaise externally with Boeing, Airbus, STC integrators to ensure flammability compliance for SGB products is achieved.
Liaise internally with other seat departments (or seat business units) to ensure flammability compliance requirements are adhered to.
To support the Senior Flammability Certification Engineer and Lead Flammability Certification Engineer to plan and successfully execute the flammability certification activities at SGB.
Plan, conduct and report activities to demonstrate compliance of SGB cabin interior products to CS/FAR Part 25, ETSO and OEM requirements, delivering on time and in full to meet programme schedule.
Compile test plans, test reports and other documents necessary to deliver the flammability certification of SGB cabin interior products
Support the certification engineer in the preparation of data packages for submittal to regulators and OEMs in support of applications for ETSO, STC and TC approval
Oversee and support external conformity inspections to show compliance of test products to regulations, accepted means of compliance and guidance material.
Advise other business functions on flammability certification issues throughout the design and development phases to achieve a safe and reliable product.
Review and approve engineering drawings and change requests to ensure design meets regulatory flammability certification requirements, guidance and best practices.
Represent the flammability certification department at meetings with customers, installers and regulatory authorities (milestone meetings, customer events, etc.).
Liaise with authorities, regulatory bodies and airframe manufacturers on flammability certification issues.
Maintain the continued airworthiness of existing products in service and support aftermarket and DOA related change requests.
Assist with solving production issues relating to flammability certification.
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
• Qualified to a degree level in a mechanical engineering field. Alternatively a HNC/HND or an equivalent qualification in a mechanical Engineering field, with demonstrated knowledge / experience in flammability certification and/or aircraft interior equipment and installation.
• Knowledge of regulatory standards, and quality procedures within the aerospace industry.
• Wide knowledge of Aerospace Engineering processes, and a more detailed working knowledge of the Engineering processes within Safran Seats.
• The role demands a high level of technical and process knowledge, and the ability to apply those processes across the full range of projects that the company is involved with.
• Computer literate with MS Office Software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project etc)
• Knowledge of aircraft seat and furniture flammability certification.
• Experience of working with Boeing and Airbus specifications for flammability certification.
• Sound understanding of CS / 14CFR / JAR Airworthiness standards
• Knowledge in Flammability test methods, set-ups, test procedure and results.
• Understanding of flammability test articles, conformity process and test lab preparation.
• Strong analytical skills are needed, alongside problem solving processes such as 4D, 8D, QRQC and associated tools.
This person specification is not exhaustive and we welcome all applications especially from under-represented groups including females and those from a black, minority ethnic background.
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
Travel to Cwmbran will be expected with this role
Safran es un grupo internacional de alta tecnología que opera en los campos de la aeronáutica (propulsión, equipamiento e interiores), espacio y defensa. Su misión: contribuir de forma duradera a un mundo más seguro, donde el transporte aéreo sea cada vez más respetuoso con el medio ambiente, más cómodo y más accesible. Establecido en todos los continentes, el Grupo emplea a 79.000 personas para una facturación de 16.5 mil millones de euros en 2020, y ocupa, solo o en asociación, posiciones de liderazgo mundial o europeo en sus mercados. Safran está comprometido con programas de investigación y desarrollo que preservan las prioridades ambientales de su hoja de ruta de innovación tecnológica. Safran ha sido posicionada como el mejor empleador a nivel mundial en su sector en el año 2020 por la revista Forbes. Safran Seats es uno de los líderes mundiales de los asientos de aviones, para tripulaciones y pasajeros. 1 millón de asientos fabricados por Safran Seats están actualmente en servicio en las flotas aéreas mundiales.