Descripción del puesto de trabajo
As a fully owned subsidiary of Safran Electronics & Defense, Safran Electronics & Defense Australasia Pty Ltd (SEDA) delivers and supports various products including high-performance optronics and inertial navigation equipment.
Headquartered in Sydney, SEDA brings local expertise in the integration of optronics and navigation systems for the air, land, and naval platforms of the Australian and New Zealand Defence Forces.
Reporting to the Systems Engineering Team Leader, you will be required to lead demonstrations, to lead customer training, to apply potential modifications/adaptations for scientific or product trials purposes (prototyping), and to conduct field testing for Safran Electronics and Defense Australasia along with collaborating with customers in order to validate and clarify customer technical requirements ,respond to technical questions and provide clarifications and justifications.
•take ownership of the Safran product (portable optronics, optronic sights, and inertial navigation systems) and will acquire knowledge of these products using user's manuals and undertaking training with Safran experts.
• leverage the product interfaces to develop an Australian eco-system and will be responsible for preparing and conducting demonstrations.
•be responsible for training the support team to apply software evolutions or to execute preventive maintenance.
• liaise with the sales department to understand the customer needs and work with the Lead Engineer to integrate new features into products.
•development activities will consist of (but not be limited to)
o integrating Safran products with battle management systems and communications assets
o developing cables (with our cable maker) to enable systems to communicate with each other
o designing control stations for Safran systems
o designing mechanical parts necessary for the successful installation of SAFRAN systems
o supporting the sales and marketing team by developing and delivering integrated solutions for demonstrations
o developing and prototyping new systems and technologies
o participating in trials campaigns to test and evaluate new systems
o working closely with internal teams to ensure successful integration and implementation of new systems
o working with the supply chain manager for the procurement of parts
• Manage the integration and verification activities. This includes:
o Managing the development, integration, and verification activities of the subcontracted activities.
o Planning and developing the internal integration and verification test capability.
o Planning and conducting the development phase, integration, and verification tests with the customer.
• be involved in verification and validation activities assisting the System Engineering team
We are looking for a candidate who is confident and has the following attributes:
Ability to obtain and maintain an Australian Department of Defence security clearance to Negative Vetting Level 1.
Strong work ethic.
A Team player.
Strong problem-solving techniques.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Proactive, Autonomous, Rigorous, Organised.
Interest in advanced technologies.
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
To be successful in this role you must have :
• Tertiary qualification in Engineering or related discipline.
• Knowledge of systems engineering.
• Prior experience in the Defense, Aerospace, or Rail Industries will be highly regarded.
• Practical experience in Electronic Engineering, Systems Engineering, Signal Processing Engineering, or related discipline.
• Strong experience in systems integration and prototyping.
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
• Passionate about technology and innovation.
• Proficiency in Optronics, Navigation, Radio, and/or Battle Management Systems technology is desirable but not mandatory
Ubica tu futuro lugar de trabajo
Suite 706, 109 Pitt Street 2000
New South Wales Australia