Descripción del puesto de trabajo
The Senior Accountant will report to the Chief Financial Officer and is accountable for the provision of accurate and professional accounting and tax compliance services.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the collection of data and analysis of financial information to enable the smooth running of the Finance Department.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Preparation of all financial accounting reporting packs for month end, quarterly end and year end closing in adherence to AIFRS, IFRS and regional GAAP
• Preparation and completion of month end reconciliations, journals and work papers
• Preparation of State and Commonwealth tax compliance reporting in relation to payroll tax, FBT, GST, CbCR and Income Tax and liaison with external advisors in Australia and New Zealand
• Preparation of year end statutory accounts for the company in adherence to AIFRS.
• Liaison with external auditors regarding planning and delivery of required deliverables for half year and year end audits.
• Assistance with the completion of the yearly Internal Control testing program and liaison with group internal audit.
• Business partnering with departments to enable decision making.
• Maintaining sound technical knowledge and keeping the team abreast of changes.
• Support digital transformation projects.
• Support and mentor two accounting staff: Accounts payable and Accounts Receivable/Payroll function.
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
• Bachelor degree with a major in Accounting
• Chartered Accountant or Certified Practising Accountant qualified
• 7- 10 years' post qualification accounting experience, corporate background preferred
• Advanced Analytical and Microsoft Excel skills
• An exposure to SAP ERP would be highly advantageous
• Thorough knowledge of latest accounting policies and procedures
• A self-starter, displaying initiative to enable effective and efficient results.
• Discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
• Planning and organisation skills are a must
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Diplomacy and tact
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
How to Apply
Candidates must currently have the legal right to work in Australia to be eligible to apply for this position.
Please note all final applicants for this position will be asked to complete a national police check and each application will be considered on its merits.
All applications should include a covering letter and up to date CV and be submitted to the attention of Human Resources quoting reference number SA0323
To submit your application on our website it is best to use Chrome, Firefox or Edge on a desktop. If you have any issues submitting your application please contact Tara on 02 9796 6600.
Ubica tu futuro lugar de trabajo
115 Wackett Street 2200
Bankstown Airport Nsw
New South Wales Australia
- Los mapas están disponibles bajo la licencia Open Database Licence.
- © OpenStreetMap contributors.
- © Safran