Safran Power Units A leader in Auxiliary Power Systems (APUs) and Turbojet Engines
Subsidiary of Safran Helicopter Engines, Safran Power Units is specialized in the design and manufacturing of Auxiliary Power Units (APUs), starting systems for civil and military aircraft, as well as turbojet engines for missiles and target drones..
Safran Power Units offers a wide range of Auxiliary Power Units. Operated in demanding conditions, they are featured on a large range of military aircrafts and helicopters such as the Rafale, A400M, H225, NH90 or AW189. A range of APUs has been specifically designed for business aviation and is installed on the Falcon 6X and Global 7500.
Safran Power Units designs and manufactures a large range of starting systems. Depending on the aircraft's architecture, power is transferred either mechanically or pneumatically. The company also makes valve systems for engine air turbine starters.
Safran Power Units is the European leader in turbojet engines for missiles and target drones. The engines, with power range between 25 daN and 600 daN, are robusts and compacts, and are installed in missiles such as MBDA Scalp and Exocet Block 3, Saab Dynamics RBS15, Kongsberg NSM, as well as Kratos BQM 167 and 177 target drones.
A worldwide support close to operators
Based in Toulouse (France), Dallas and San Diego (USA), Safran Power Units provides a wide range of services to its customers, and relies on Safran global network to ensure optimum availability of its products.
Shaping future systems
Safran Power Units constantly innovates and develops new power unit solutions featuring higher performances with lower environmental footprint and operating costs, relying on its expertise in hybridization and fuel cells.
Customer Support: a global network, close to our customers
Safran Power Units offers a comprehensive and innovative range of services adapted to the needs of each user.
From maintenance to optimized fleet management, the company relies on Safran’s high-performance global network to ensure maximum uptime. Safran Power Units is constantly adapting its service offer to better meet the challenges of its Customers.Find out more
Headquartered in France and two affiliates in the United States
Safran Power Units is present on five continents through six Safran Power Units and Safran Helicopter Engines sites: Toulouse, France; Grand Prairie, Texas, USA; San Diego, USA; Fareham, England; Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and Sydney, Australia. They are home bases for sales representatives, design and engineering offices, production, repair and support departments, everything we need to provide our customers with close, responsive service.Our locations
Our corporate video
Our certifications and approvals
- ISO 9001-2000: compliance with quality requirements, to support continuous process improvement throughout the product life cycle.
- AS/EN 9100: adds aviation-specific requirements to those of ISO 9001 - a guarantee for our customers that our organization can handle every aspect of their needs.
- PART 21 G: compliance with civil regulations on the production of new equipment and spare parts.
- PART 145: compliance with civil regulations on the maintenance and repair of in-service equipment.
- PART 21J: compliance with civil regulations, to maintain the design assurance system for equipment designed, developed and marketed by Safran Power Units.
- FRA21G: compliance with state regulatory requirements for the production of new equipment and spare parts.
- FRA 21J: compliance with state regulatory requirements to ensure the existence and maintenance of the design assurance system for materials that Safran Power Units designs, develops and markets.
- FRA145: insures compliance with the state regulatory requirements for the maintenance and repair of equipment in service.
Compliance with military requirements: the Safran Power Units Quality system conforms to the specific requirements governing military equipment delivered to NATO member countries. Safran Power Units is actively involved in the EMAR/FR accreditation process. Safran Power Units is also actively involved in the ONE SAFRAN process, which is a major transformation of the management system, organized in process, unified, simplified and strengthened by the standards of operational excellence, and which is common to the entire Safran Group.
Suppliers: major partners for Safran Power Units
Safran Power Units builds a sustainable and balanced relationship with its competitive and innovative suppliers. To be selected, they must meet strict requirements in terms of performance, know-how and technological innovations. Safran Power Units also supports them as part of an ongoing drive for improvement and shared growth.
The quality of Safran Power Units relations with its suppliers is one of the keys of its performance. These relations are established in accordance with Safran's core values, Code of Ethics and regulatory requirements
Our supplier and purchasing documents
Join Safran Power Units and take a look at our 50 positions
Our rating on gender equality
0 89 / 100
Gender pay gap
Allocation of individual increases
Difference in the distribution of promotions
Number of employees increased upon return from maternity leave
Parity among top 10 earners
Gender equality index
- Criterion No. 1: Difference in average salary between men and women: 38/40
- Criterion No. 2: Comparison of the percentage of men and women having received a raise: 20/20
- Criterion No. 3: Comparison of the percentage of men and women having received a promotion: 15/15
- Criterion No. 4: Whether all women received a raise on returning from a maternity/adoption leave: 15/15
- Criterion No. 5: Number of women in the top 10 paying positions: 5/10
- © Safran
- © Frank Rogozienski / CAPA Pictures / Safran
- © Frédéric Lancelot / CAPA Pictures / Safran
- © Philippe Stroppa / Safran
- © Safran Power Units
- © Philippe Stroppa / Safran Power Units