- Has a complete vision of the engine maintenance operations flow and takes all decisions and
actions necessary to fulfill the commitment to the customers and to the shop's production
- Reports on the maintenance operations evolutions to the internal and external stakeholders.
He/she is the prime interface for any questions from leadership as to engine status and is
accountable for raising critical items/help needed to program team / leadership.
- In the event investigations or sick bays are required, he/she ensures that the decisions taken
are in line with the commitments made in terms of TAT and cost.
- Ensure initial workscope and extension are compliant with the process and program's
- Act as the industrial operations representative within the Customer Team. He is the main
interface between the customers and the shop. He makes sure that the shop receives and
reports all the information needed. An Engine Owner Lead, appointed per Customer,
coordinates any communications and Customers requirements across Safran Aircraft Engines
- Organize Customer visits in shop.
- Validate industrial gates are passed
- Track invoicing delays and quality standard compliance in line with contract obligations.
- Drive Risk analysis and associated mitigation plan for wing-to-wing maintenance operations.
- Drive the engine maintenance costs and therefore contribute to the contract profitability
- Follow up commercial disputes and ensure resolution with customers.
- Based on lessons learnt, works best practices to allow quick and smooth hand-offs among
The Engine Owner manages the maintenance of the engines and engages all the stakeholders
(from different functions and sites) to fulfill the commitment towards the Customer Team in
terms of TAT and cost from engine removal until ready-to-install.
As such, he is responsible for anticipating shop visit scenarios, managing associated risks as
well as consolidating the solution that allows, throughout the maintenance activities, to meet
the objectives of the shop visit in terms of Customer satisfaction, TAT and costs, and having it
- © Safran