To lead 3 sub teams:
A team of multifunctional engineers that perform engineering investigations in response to product support / technical quality issues to minimize production line stops caused by product quality issues or non-conforming parts.
A team of Manufacturing Engineers providing effective and timely day to day support to all operations modules. Acting as a focal point for technical support initiatives, DFM/DFA and SPC analysis focusing on sustaining and improving operational effectiveness of both current and future operational requirements.
A team of Industrial Innovation engineers who act as the bridge between the Industrialization team in Operations, Suppliers and the Engineering team to develop products optimized for manufacturability, test and cost
- - Manage 3 Teams of multifunctional engineers which provide technical support activities for all products manufactured in the Pitstone facility. The problems will range between simple and complex scenarios. The organisation of the engineers is described in the org chart at the bottom of this description.
- The role holder will be responsible for the concession / permit database which is controlled by engineering and to ensure that all users adhere with the established process.
- Accountable for the technical quality of the work delivered by the team and for the on time delivery. Providing engineering approval for relevant tasks.
- The TLS manager is responsible for ensuring that all users of any TLS process (including the concession / permit database) adhere to the established processes and also to implement modifications as required for improvement or to bring in line with business requirements.
- To oversee the commissioning and execution of small work packages from across engineering functions for technical support activities.
- Staff: Circa 4 direct reports managing a total of 14 reports + Assigned functional resource (management of these is done via the TLS Manager's direct reports).
- No direct financial responsibilities – but responsible for efficient organisation and execution of circa £2 – 2.5M man hours' worth of work per year.
- To provide high quality technical support to the business for in-service products.
- Timely feedback, planning and prioritization for key issues & escalations to communicate level of control of all known issues.
- Providing robust technical root cause analysis and corrective action planning for in-service or engineering related quality issues to minimise problem resolution time.
- Resource demand anticipation and scheduling to support budget process.
- Champion clear alignment with industrialization & manufacturing leaders to ensure clear accountability of activities and prioritization.
- Lead, coach and mentor team members to create a proactive team mindset and capability which delivers high quality engineering through life support.
- Ensure Operations QRQC stand-ups are attended daily by Focals to make sure engineering actions are pro-actively taken and feedback given.
- Lead technical audits on in-service products to identify preventative and corrective actions as required to ensure customer requirements such as MTBF, etc. are achieved.
- Develop and maintain appropriate KPIs to monitor performance and efficiency of the TLS team and ensure corrective action is taken in case of adverse indicators.
- Develops module based strategic road maps proposing and justifying capital (machines, tooling, gauging and plant) investment.
- Initiate, develop and execute process improvement (problem solving and technical innovation), championing effective industrialisation
- Qualified with relevant engineering degree or equivalent experience.
- Management & leadership: significant experience in managing a group of engineers, or large projects
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing environment – industrialisation, methods
- Sufficient technical expertise in electrical power systems equipment to acquire engineering approval & authorisation status.
- Experience in project management.
- Good communication skills.
- Change management facilitator / Ability to motivate team to deliver high performance
- Able to work effectively & proactively with other business support functions
- Knowledge of Airworthiness requirements and required configuration control
- Extensive travel is not foreseen unless where the TLS manager feels it will enhance the ability to resolve issues more effectively in support of product based technical investigations
- © Safran