• To provide technical guidance on materials and metallurgical matters to ensure production continues and to act in a proactive manner by improving reliability and cost effectiveness in future motor and generator designs.
• Will act as a focal point on site for metallurgical material issues.
• Issues will include diagnosing and suggesting solutions to production problems as well as acting as one of a project team to recommend approaches or analyses for a new design. In some instances they will be expected to lead work packages for specific technical issues and may be asked to manage contractors.
• Will work with suppliers and customers to ensure optimal solutions ensuring product is safe to fly.
• Will be expected to commit and deliver to challenging project schedules.
• No direct financial or staff responsibility.
• Provide expertise to carry out in-depth material investigations and define root cause analysis on products, especially when related to metallic material issues.
• Work and/or liaise with other Safran entities and Safran Experts to ensure the best available technology and theory is being used on site to maximise the sites technical ability.
• Work with other Engineering departments, R&T, Project Teams, Operations, Supply Chain, and Customers to solve materials, processes and metallurgical related issues.
• Act as a technical authority for material and process related qualifications, approvals and any process related issues/non-conformances.
• Maintain and update material and process specifications.
• Participate and in some circumstances, lead customer briefings, design reviews, and demonstrations by providing technical guidance to ensure the electrical generators maintain the highest possible quality standard.
• Work with suppliers for material issues and monitor outsource tests for non-conforming products and for qualification of new products.
• Support University based research as needed.
• Coach graduates or other less experienced engineers.
• Monthly review meetings and performance appraisals with line manager.
• Ongoing interaction with the internal / external Customers and experts to ensure cross-functional consensus.
• Weekly (or sometimes daily) coordination with Technical Lead and project team to ensure sustained alignment with objectives and priorities.
• Recommendations made to manager which are usually accepted:
o Request for additional resource to meet project schedules.
o Reassignment of task ownership due to type of expertise required.
• Decisions made without reference to manager:
o Design Decisions, i.e. material/process recommendations, material process modifications, etc..
o Design and Drawings approval (when authorised).
o Prioritization of personal tasks within project timescales.
• Closure of Permits, Concessions, PRs, ECRs etc. in an effective and timely manner.
• Successful and timely resolution of any Work Packages assigned as lead.
• Satisfaction of internal and external customers with advice given and solutions developed.
• Up to date and detailed process specifications which reflect existing and improved processes accurately.
• Robust new designs with optimized material solutions that meet all requirements.
• An increase in awareness and understanding in the rest of the team for metallurgical considerations.
• A degree in Engineering or related discipline.
• Substantial focused experience in materials or a related field.
• Specialization in metallurgical science (either through academic qualification or work experience or both).
• Prior exposure to and experience writing technical reports.
• Broad materials and processes knowledge (paint, PCBs, soldering, welding, metal finish, coatings, adhesives, metallic, surface treatment, corrosion).
• Experience in the Aerospace industry and familiarity with corresponding processes and procedures.
• Experience with direct dealing with external customer.
• Experience of working with Engineering service suppliers, i.e. defining Statements of Work and approving deliverables.
• Evidence of written English at interview stage. This will be through providing certification of a formal English or technical qualification studied in the UK or overseas in English. If this cannot be provided you will be required to complete and pass an online SHL English comprehension test as part of the interview process.
赛峰电气与电源公司（Safran Electrical & Power）是航空电气系统领域世界领先企业之一。公司是电力和混合推进设备电气化领域的重要企业。公司在 三 个国家拥有11,500名员工。
- © Safran