As a Senior Electronics Engineer you will be responsible for supporting the architectural definition of electronic control systems, including prototyping and testing of new designs, as well as supporting diagnostic investigation of existing products. You will:
• Participate in the definition of the functional and physical architectures of the products supporting the wider engineering team. This will include helping to develop control system architectures and specifications, interface requirements and writing/collating information supporting certification
• Design, develop and test electronic control system prototypes to support electrical power generation and motor drive systems. This will include participating in project design reviews
• Support the analysis of hardware integration, functional and environmental verification testing
• Investigate and solve technical problems, discovered at any point of the product development
• Support the work of colleagues across multiple Safran sites around the world
• Help identify continuous improvement opportunities and contribute to the Safran Electrical & Power improvement journey
We are looking for candidates with a range of skills and experience, but we're also keen to help people grow and develop in this role. If you have some or all of the following, we'd love to hear from you:
• Experience of at least 5 years in the development of embedded electronics, ideally in aerospace or a similar safety focussed industry
• The ability to develop embedded electronic equipment or complex electronic card assemblies, from specification to production.
• Electronic product and / or electronic power architecture including the design of electronic boards (schematics, routing, industrialization).
• Analogue Hardware design in components / architectures: DC/DC or AC/DC, isolated or nonisolated power converters up to 100 watts, acquisition / processing circuits, discrete inputs/outputs, temperature sensor, current, voltage, resolver, Monitoring, EMC and lightning filtering.
• Digital Hardware design in components / architectures: Digital Components: FPGA, DSP, Microcontrollers, ASIC, logic. Communication buses and protocols: CAN, ARINC 429, RS485, Ethernet, AFDX.
• Knowledge of product development processes for aerospace as well as constraints related to the aeronautical environment (e.g. DO-254, DO-160)
- © Safran