The Program Manager works in cooperation with other program managers in a consistent program team lead by a Senior Program Manager. The Senior Program Manager allocated the management of one of the programs in her/his scope to the program manager. The Program Manager role is to lead all the stakeholders of the Business Line to ensure customer satisfaction and economic performance of a program while monitoring and mastering risk level. The Program Manager is in charge of conducting program activities in consistency with the Safran Program management referential: PROMPT, ONE Safran and associate Group Procedure (GRP-0203, GRP-0204, GRP-0206, GRP-0207, GRP-0208, GRP-0209, GRP-0210, GRP-0289).
On behalf of a Senior Program Manager, the Program Manager is accountable for achieving program objectives on a program from contract awards (S3 milestone) to retrieve from service (S12 milestone). This requires to ensure the global coordination of all the activities in the Business Line to
-Deliver expected program figures as define in Medium Term Plan (MTP)
-Ensure consistency with customer expectation
-Limit risk exposure generated by program activities to an acceptable level
-During Bids phase (S1 to S2 milestone), validates RC and NRC estimates and associate assumption to ensure the delivery of a sound business case at S3.
-During R&T phase (S0), coordinates an R&T program, associate schedule, milestone and budget.
-The Program Manager works closely with sales and marketing to develop sound technology roadmaps and a channel to market. As the R&T activities fall outside formal development process, the Program Manager develops and applies appropriate management plan inspired but strictly conform to PROMPT during R&T phase. The Program Manager is in charge of managing Technology Readiness Level and Manufacturing Readiness Level during R&T phase.
-The order of magnitude for is role are:
A yearly budget between 1 and 5 M€
A yearly revenue between 1 and 10 M€
Direct contact with one main customers
Management of activities evolving multiple countries
Management of complex development
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Master degree or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations
• Strong track record with proven experience, including experience leading cross-functional teams is essential
• Negotiation Skills: Ability to conduct negotiations internally or externally with customers, partners, competitors, etc. and reach consensus, in line with program objectives
• Aerospace and/ or defence program management experience strongly preferred
• Experience of working in a matrix organization.
• Experience within an Engineering environment is strongly preferred
• Training and experience in applying Program Management standards and tools to a business. (Program planning, monitoring and control, integrated program management and risk management).
• Must understand constrain of operation activities (order fulfilment process, Turn Around Time, procurement cycle, learning curve, efficiency, production burden, cost escalation )
• Leadership Skills strong leadership along with the ability to interface with cross-functional disciplines; using strong interpersonal skills to drive tasks to completion
· Project/programme management: Fully understand the project management methodology (management of costs, deadlines, quality, etc.)
• Emotional Skills : Self motivated with problem solving and decision making skills . Emotionally resilient and able to work effectively against demanding targets in a complex, multi-disciplined environment
• Customer Management: Ability to establish a relationship of trust with program customers. Experience of converging the needs of all parties in the form of shared and mutually acceptable solutions.
• Autonomy: Ability to manage team, organize activity and take decision without supervision
• Delegation: Ability to create confidence with their team and empower the team to manage programs
• Communication: Ability to deliver a synthetic and clear communication in a respectful manner.
- © Safran