To define inspection techniques and strategies for the inspection of hardware down to component level to assess conformance and ensure process control. In the event of non-conforming hardware the role holder will be expected to challenge as required the quality of internal process and of bought out parts and make recommendation for resolution to relevant stakeholders.
No budget responsibility but contribute to CAPEX decisions
Work independently to assess hardware interfaces with inspectors and quality team as required
Works with Supply Chain (SQA) and interfaces with external suppliers to support investigation.
• Carries out first article inspection of hardware
• Support the FAI (First Article Inspection) process reporting anomalies and working with representatives of quality, engineering and supply chain as required to resolve in a timely manner.
• Support investigations of internal and supplier non-conformances, assisting containment, root cause investigation, preventative actions and verify the corrective action has been effective.
• Partner SQA where requested to validate that suppliers have the appropriate capability, skills, measuring equipment and process to provide Safran with conforming products.
• Work with Industrialisation to drive process improvement to resolve identified non-conformance issues with product
• Carry out goods in inspection and any help define GRIP requirements
• Deploy best practice and continuous improvement opportunity through effective investigation, evaluation, and feedback of internal and supplier compliance issues.
• Builds good relationships with internal functions to influence design and process.
• Trains inspectors and conformance assessors as required in measuring process
• Develop in process measurement techniques
• Develop Measurement Systems analysis packs to support product introduction
• Robust technical background in manufacturing machining and assembly processes and with proven experience in DFM/DFA/MSA ideally within an aerospace environment
• Ability to understand and analyse all aspects of engineering drawings and process specs.
• Experience of working with Quality Standards AS9100 / AS9102
• Demonstrated ability to use and understand results obtained from a variety of quality measurement equipment – including but not limited to CMM, Micrometers, Vernier's, Shadowgraph etc.
• Able to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with all stakeholders across the business and within the external supply chain as required.
• Strong influencing skills
• Ability to support technical investigation, Process FMEA, Risk analysis, Causal analysis, 8D, SPC analysis etc.
• Work effectively and thoroughly to prevent line stoppages and escalate as needed
• Experience of and ability to train others
• Able to use Microsoft Office
• Works in a professional and organized manner, self-motivated, and practices effective time management skills.
• Assertive and capable of defining and managing priorities
• Some travel may be required to supplier locations (10% of time )
- © Safran