The role holder is accountable for defining, developing and delivering the industrialisation roadmap (including processes, tools & equipment) for SEPUK aligning to the overall Power Division Industrial Strategy. The role holder will focus on taking appropriate actions to achieve and maintain a modernised and automated manufacturing approach across both new business and legacy products for the site.
This role will also act as the focal point for leading and coordinating both site and cross-divisional activity as required with a team of product and process focused Engineers.
• The role holder will have direct managerial responsibility for all associated activity with new product development and industrialisation including make/buy evaluation and recommendation
• The role holder will be responsible for defining the Capex requirements for the operations and champion these requirements through the approval process.
• Responsible for pilot lines working closely with R&T to understand and anticipate new activity planned including ENGINEuS platforms.
• Will make recommendations based on BC analysis to site leadership and Divisional Industrial Manager
• Will oversee tactical and analytical activities with assigned resources to support decision making activities for the roadmap e.g. cycle times, process evaluation for achieving volumes etc
• Lead a team of Industrial Engineers
• Understand the division and site strategy and create the industrialisation roadmap for the Pitstone factory of the future ensuring buy in from key stakeholders
• Fully accountable for progressing development and implementation of the strategy to deliver robust and efficient practices across legacy products and new business
• Advise business on technology trends in the market and make recommendations for deployment within Pitstone
• Understand current manufacturing processes, equipment, tooling, skills etc and make recommendations for iterative improvements aligned to the Industrialisation strategy
• Validate technical choices and their industrial feasibility i.e. production capacity and, process reliability
• Ensures deployment of efficient and innovative solutions for future production/pilot lines incorporating new technology
• Leads technical and process innovation and deployment, product design and process capability for new pilot lines.
• Retrospectively apply new technologies to improve existing product lines where appropriate
• Ensures design for manufacture and design for cost are incorporated at all stages of development and product design
• Develop the manufacturing processes and lead initiatives focused on deploying optimum production lines
• Deliver automated production line capable of higher volume production than existing lines
• Lead with Programs the AeroMC project management, coordination and implementation
• Lead a team of engineers developing their capability to meet business needs and assist career development
• Influence key stakeholders and drive change management to adjust mindset for new capabilities
• Ensures compliance with the business Quality compliance processes
• Ensures compliance to all HSE goals and objectives including risk assessment mitigation
• Participation in collaborative engineering activities
• Launch of the industrialization project and risk analysis
• Design of the serial production process
• Development of the serial production process
• Validation of the process and preparation for launch of serial production
• Improving the serial process and capitalization
• Engineering background, experience of working within an engineering led environment and able to credibly influence requirements for production
• Previous experience of identifying solutions and delivering improvements automate manufacturing processes
• Previous proven leadership experience within operational management role ideally within aerospace/ automotive industry or white goods environments ideally with exposure to working within supply chains managing electric motors
• Good financial understanding and practical experience of managing financial plans
• Excellent knowledge of and a champion of the latest manufacturing techniques, eg. Lean Manufacturing, F4F
• Solid project management skills and experience of industrial transfer
• Tenacious approach to continuous improvement with proven ability to implement tactical and strategic improvements that deliver increased operational performance
• Capable to liaise with external suppliers for industrial means
• Demonstrates strong stakeholder and change management skills able to credibly adapt to and influence different audiences e.g. operators, engineering community to develop solutions, site and divisional technical and leadership resources to achieve the business goals
• Possesses the necessary enthusiasm, desire to succeed and discipline to achieve significant results for the organisation.
• Well developed interpersonal skills, able to communicate and influence effectively at all levels and engage stakeholders
Pitstone Business Park Westfield Rd, LU7 9GT