Senior Through life Product Engineer will be the focal point for any technical Engineering investigation support requirements to Manufacture Engineering, Operations, Programs and Supply chain, customer support & quality. This role directly contributes to customer satisfaction through support of on time delivery of product / customer technical queries.
• No direct reports, but will assure or supervise the work of other engineers and will hold technical responsibility for the work of others. Has technical accountability for work of any junior staff/ contractors assigned to them.
• Financial responsibilities: Influence on and awareness needed of product profitability and product NRC/RC & DMC competitiveness. No direct budget to manage
• Review and approve design activities created by themselves and others
• To conduct and co-ordinate engineering activities including detailed investigations in support of production / in-service products
• To make technical decisions & act as prime internal and external interface where needed managing requirements and deliverables.
• Co-ordinate and work with UK and US engineering teams to resolve technical issues aligning with technical authority.
• To be the focal for engineering to operations and product support within SEP to maintain status and priority information so that stakeholders have a clear vision of engineering activities relevant to them.
• To make sure engineering investigation action plans are well structured, managed and substantiated to enable clear and quick program decisions to be made to avoid line stops.
• Accountable for the technical quality of the work delivered by themselves and other less senior or external engineers assigned to them to support their work.
• Will represent the engineering function at daily production escalation stand-up meetings (module QRQC) to provide proactive engineering support and engineering action feedback to minimise line stops.
• Build & maintain good working relationship between all key stakeholders and Engineering function to allow effective and efficient communication.
• To maintain close alignment with the Configuration Management team and participate in the required change management board reviews to make sure in-service product modifications are properly addressed and controlled.
• Provide engineering input to budget forecasting activities as needed to support accurate budget forecasting
• Depending of the paretos, run/lead projects to improve reliability and FTPR
• Support SQA and SRPM in supplier investigation for design issue.
• Ensure the Local Bond MRB is supported and QNs Actioned in timely manner
• Lead and complete PRs/ CRS and Permits in a timely manner
• Performance objectives agreed during annual performance reviews to be satisfactorily completed within the agreed timescales. For example:
o Number of Open Problems should be less than 10
o Number of Permits should be less than 5 and all Permits have been actioned in less than 15 day
o Number of QNs open is less than 10
o Complete at least two improvement activities that increase productivity or reduce cost of product
o Ensure the Root cause analysis is completed in a timely manner
o Reduce the amount of time operation is on stop due to technical issue
• Relationship with the internal / external Customers
• Relationship with Programme Manager/s & Technical Project Manager (TPM)
• Relationship with Product Line Leaders, Product Architects, Specialists & Peers
• Relationships with Business Development, Operations, Supply chain, Quality and Airworthiness & Technical audit
• Technical decisions and direction
• Project Planning & risk mitigation to meet schedule targets
• Understanding/application of Airworthiness requirements
• Prioritisation of personal tasks within project timescales
A Mechanical, Automotive or Aeronautical Engineering degree or equivalent qualification
• Must be self-sufficient and largely self-motivated.
o Ability to communicate clearly through written and verbal means to all levels of staff e.g. direct reports, interact with other Engineering teams and the external customer.
o Ability to work under pressure to meet program deadlines
o Extensive Design experience esp. rotating equipment, shaft, bearings seals, structures etc.
• Experienced state of the art 3D CAD software.
• Good working knowledge of MS Software i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project
• Knowledge of electrical machines or ability to develop this
• Must have an understanding of engineering materials and production methods relevant to them.
• Must be able to produce designs with consideration of design to cost, and ease of manufacture and assembly.
• Good time management, proactive with an ability to prioritise.
• Must have the ability to plan work efficiently to meet agreed monthly milestone tasks.
• Must be able to produce and deliver technical presentations to employees and customers at any level.
• Evidence of written English at interview stage. This will be through providing certification of a formal English or technical qualification studied in the UK or overseas in English. If this cannot be provided you will be required to complete and pass an online SHL English comprehension test as part of the interview process.
Westfield Road LU7 9RH