The Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for maintaining product assurance within the defined company processes and procedures, primarily working for Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) ensuring 100% compliance with oversite of OE daily functions as deemed appropriate.
The role holder is expected to drive improvements in the quality of the products and components provided to internal and external customers in the aerospace industry or used during the process of producing these products and components.
In the event of a prolonged absence, this role may involve deputising for the MRO Quality Assurance Manager.
• Drive a proactive Quality Assurance mind-set within the cross functional teams MRO and OE as required on a daily basis. Acting as a mentor to Quality Assurance Engineers, leading by example conveying knowledge and experience.
• Act as the focal point for site quality issues, interfacing between the operational modules and the Quality assurance team ensuring all required actions are defined, owned and completed in line with agreed timescales.
• Maintain and improve Quality Assurance within the module through pro-active involvement in processes and product compliance, identifying true deviation and characterising non-conformances.
• Support the daily module QRQC process, measuring the maturity of the process at module level and identify and implement improvements to increase efficiency or improve greater achievement of business targets.
• Perform all assigned audits from the annual audit schedule, supporting the process owners in robust investigations, to determine appropriate Corrective actions and ensure completion within timescales.
• Support customer and business deliverables, driving a proactive quality mind-set across the modules within all personnel.
• Drive timely management and ownership of the existing non-conforming material, participating in the MRB process.
• Support change management as a focal point for the quality team for ongoing changes and historical changes.
• Previous experience within a Part 21 manufacturing and / or Part 145 maintenance environment.
• Experience of working with AS9100 standards and auditing preferred.
• Engineering qualification or equivalent experience preferred.
• Knowledge of regulatory standards part 21G and part 145.
• Solid problem solving, diagnostic and analytical skills through demonstrable application of continuous improvement/ lean manufacturing tools (e.g. Process FMEA, Risk analysis, causal analysis, 8D, SPC, etc).
• Strong leadership skills – able to work with indirect team and remote team members, able to facilitate the team.
• Drives to completion, self-motivated and able to prioritise own workload.
• Detail oriented.
• Ability to remain objective.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Assertive and capable of defining priorities.
• IT literate, MS Office software, able to write reports and presentations.
Westfield Road LU7 9RH