Job Title Safety & Reliability Engineer
Location Gloucester, UK
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems and is at the forefront of contributing to safer, more sustainable aviation for current and future generations. We design, test, manufacture and assemble landing gear used on commercial aircraft including Airbus and Boeing, and UK military aircraft such as the Eurofighter Typhoon. Gloucester is home to the UK division and has been a leader of cutting edge of landing gear technology for over 90 years, since the innovative designs of Sir George Dowty. YOU can be a part of our legacy …
What will I be doing?
As an Engineer at Safran, you will play a key role in our low carbon journey to make aviation safer and more sustainable.
As a Safety & Reliability Engineer at Safran Landing Systems, you'll provide advice and guidance on the safety aspects of the design of products, at equipment and system level, enabling the products to be certified for airworthiness. You'll perform various analyses (such as the Failure Modes and Effect Analysis (FMEA), Reliability Predictions, Common Cause Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis), and collect data on in-service events & calculation of reliability and safety data.
• Contribute to determination of risks and opportunities relating to
the system architecture
• Lead the development of the Landing Gear Systems and
• Manage the validation and verification activities needed for
integration, qualification and certification of the systems and
• Provide relevant safety advice to others to enable product
designs to be certified for airworthiness
• Participate in technical reviews with suppliers and customers
during the project life cycle
• Help analyse changes to the technical definition and
configuration of products and support in-service technical
What we will give you?
• Hybrid/Flexible working hours with an early finish on a Friday (4.5
day working week)
• 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays, & the option to buy/sell annual
• Annual bonus
• Shares scheme
• Pension scheme (up to 8% match)
• Onsite parking, including EV chargers, subsidised restaurant,
Costa, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities
• Our Benefits Portal offers a number of schemes including: cycle
to work, technology & retail savings, access to healthcare &
wellbeing services, discounted gym memberships and more!
• Global and local career progression opportunities and training &
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and
Charitable activities for all
• Social events throughout the year, and access to Dowty Sports
and Social clubs
Safran was ranked globally as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Our employees are at the heart of our success and we work together towards Four People Fundamentals that underpin life at Safran:
• We believe in and promote diversity and inclusion as key values across our business
• We develop our colleagues skills and build opportunities so you can shape our future
• We create a trustworthy work place to support you, as you dare to act and innovate
• We encourage collaboration and mutual support for you and your colleagues
What do you need from me?
You'll be Degree qualified in Mechanical, Hydraulic, Electrical, Electronic, Aeronautical Systems or other appropriate professional qualification, and possess the following experience:
• Thorough understanding of the safety process and related
analyses such as Failure Modes and Effect Analysis (FMEA),
Reliability Predictions, Common Cause Analysis, Fault Tree
• Experience of working to ARP4761
• Knowledge of requirements management, validation &
• Knowledge of airworthiness requirements and certification
• Knowledge of systems engineering theory together with a
familiarity with ARP4754A
• Detailed knowledge of Actuation & Control Systems
• Ability to analyse and understand the System operation
• DOORS operating experience is desirable.
What's my next step?
Please apply by uploading a CV and cover letter, and if your experience matches what we're looking for, one of our recruitment team will give you a call
Diversity & Inclusion
We want Safran Landing Systems to be a workplace where everyone feels valued, can be themselves and know they can reach their full potential. We embrace and celebrate our differences through various initiatives and support colleagues through a number of staff networks.
We're committed to building a strong, diverse workforce and making Safran Landing Systems an inclusive place to work.
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
- 地图在开放数据库许可证下提供 Open Database Licence.
- © OpenStreetMap contributors.
- © Cyril Abad / CAPA Pictures / Safran