SAFRAN LANDING SYSTEMS IS THE WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT LANDING AND BRAKING SYSTEMS.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. Our capabilities encompass the full life cycle of our products, ranging from design and manufacture to in-service support, repair and overhaul.
We are a partner to 30 leading commercial, military, business and regional airframers, and support over 27,000 aircraft making more than 60,000 landings every day. There are also more than 7,600 employees working in locations across Europe, North America and Asia.
Join our Team
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, hybrid working, Global career opportunities and Training and Development at our dedicated Safran University to help contribute to a safer and more sustainable aviation.
As a forward-looking company, Safran Landing Systems massively invests in Research & Development. Carbon brakes, titanium parts, composite materials, additive manufacturing, more electric systems, new surface treatments, external and internal partnerships and digital transformation are all the result of this permanent innovation effort, which enables the company to develop new products that are ever more cost-efficient, better for the environment, lighter, stronger and quieter.
The Customer Support department Spares Supply Chain is responsible for forecasting, supplying and distributing spare parts on a global scale to operators / airlines, maintenance providers and aircraft manufacturers. The delivery performance of spare parts is a key success factor in our business.
The Spare Supply Planner is responsible to ensure the availability of spare parts to our customers, in the required quantities, within deadlines requested by the customer, while maintaining appropriate levels of stock.
To achieve your mission, you will have the ownership of the supply plan and the inventory for your portfolio of programmes. You will analyse the plan regularly, identify gaps and excess supply, and take the relevant actions. You will be proficient in data manipulation and analysis, as well as the communication of your findings.
A vital part of your mission is to work closely with key stakeholders like Customer Support Managers & Production/Procurement. You will build and animate those relationships, and work closely with them to evaluate different options to improve the supply plan to secure customer satisfaction. Clear communication with these departments is key to managing the customer expectations. You will clearly present your recommendations and rational in review meetings with senior management to demonstrate their validity.
• Manage the supply plan
o Take the necessary actions to balance the supply plan with the demand plan
o Minimise arrears and maximise service level
o Manage proactively the risks of shortage, define and monitor the short / medium / long term recovery plans with suppliers globally to satisfy customer requirements
o Manage supply chain relationships and performance
o Manage the ERP parameters
• Optimize inventory levels
o Define safety stock levels
o Minimise excess stock by finding solutions with key stakeholders
o Support management of quarantined parts, parts in transit, regional stocks
• Drive performance improvements
o Prepare and present the performances of your programs in review meetings
o Contribute to improve the process
o Provide recomendations to reduce shortages and delay from supply site
• Supply chain principles
• Good understanding of SAP is beneficial
• MRP II process & best practices are beneficial
• APICS CPIM basics certification is beneficial
• Industry knowledge is beneficial
• Analytical skills, data manipulation
• Communication skills and presentation of data
• Problem solving
• Relationship building
• Stakeholder management & influencing
• Customer oriented and committed
• Time management and prioritisation
• Attitude: Proactive, autonomous, thorough, perseverant, can-do
• Desktop computer software: Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, Power BI
• Management tools : SAP
At Safran Landing Systems, we pride ourselves on competitive flexible benefits that support our employees work/life balance enabling each person to contribute to the best of their ability.
• Hybrid Working and Flexible Working Scheme to attract and retain skilled employees that allows for the work/life balance you need
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts, access to healthcare, house moving day, sports and social club
• Shares and profit share bonus scheme
• Development and Training at Safran University as well as Company Sponsorship
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have events running throughout the year as well as an onsite large, subsidised canteen/break area with indoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
- © Safran