Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems and is at the forefront of contributing to safer, more sustainable aviation for current and future generations. We design, test, manufacture and assemble landing gear used on commercial aircraft including Airbus and Boeing, and UK military aircraft such as the Eurofighter Typhoon.
Gloucester is home to the UK division and has been a leader of cutting edge of landing gear technology for over 90 years, since the innovative designs of Sir George Dowty. YOU can be a part of our legacy…
What will I be doing?
Safran Landing Systems in Gloucester is looking for a Spares Assembly Fitter.
• Undertake sub-assembly work, to include: Heat & freeze bushes, wire locking, fitting wire inserts.
• Undertake assembly of complex units and landing gear for legacy programmes
• Perform machining operations to support the fitting role, including turning and grinding
• Working in conjunction with Manufacturing engineering and quality teams, have ability to problem solve and develop methods, and build schedules for assembly of legacy landing gear assemblies.
• Apply relevant sealants
• Accurately complete relevant documentation and routing cards
• Assembly and completion of associated production acceptance testing
• Carry out some electrical and hydraulic testing
• Gauge calibration
• Comply to FOD requirements and ensure area meets required standards
• Work to 5's standards
You will have the opportunity to apply continuous improvement principles to determine best practices.
What we will give you?
• Excellent shift premiums
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays, plus the option to buy/sell annual leave
• Profit sharing annual bonus
• Our Shares scheme
• Pension scheme (up to 8% match)
• Onsite parking, including EV chargers, subsidised restaurant, Costa, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities
• Our Benefits Portal offers a number of schemes including: cycle to work, technology & retail savings, access to healthcare & wellbeing services, discounted gym memberships and more!
• Global and local career progression opportunities and training & development programmes
• Social events throughout the year, and access to Dowty Sports and Social clubs
Shift work will be required on a 4-shift, 4 week rotation.
This will include :
• Nightshift – Premium payment - 38.5% of salary
• Bridging shift - Premium payment - 39.75% of salary
• Weekend shift - Premium payment – 59.02% of salary
• You may also be required to work a 5th shift – Premium Payment – 48.7% of salary
What do you need from me?
• You will have a Modern Advanced Apprenticeship (NVQ Level 3) or equivalent
• You will have previous fitting, machining and tooling experience, ideally in an Aerospace/Automotive environment.
• Ability to follow and understand technical engineering drawings, specifications, procedures, and test instructions.
• You will be self-motivated, flexible and be able to contribute fully to improvement activities.
• Electrical experience would be advantageous but not essential.
Safran was ranked globally as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
What's my next step?
Please apply by uploading a CV and cover letter, and if your experience matches what we're looking for, one of our recruitment team will give you a call
Diversity & Inclusion
We want Safran Landing Systems to be a workplace where everyone feels valued, can be themselves and know they can reach their full potential. We embrace and celebrate our differences through various initiatives and support colleagues through a number of staff networks.
We're committed to building a strong, diverse workforce and making Safran Landing Systems an inclusive place to work.
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH