Job Title Senior Analysis Engineer
Location Gloucester, UK
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems and is at the forefront of contributing to safer, more sustainable aviation for current and future generations. We design, test, manufacture and assemble landing gear used on commercial aircraft including Airbus and Boeing, and UK military aircraft such as the Eurofighter Typhoon. Gloucester is home to the UK division and has been a leader of cutting edge landing gear technology for over 90 years, since the innovative designs of Sir George Dowty. YOU can be a part of our legacy …
What will I be doing?
Reporting to an Engineering Group Leader you will; work landing gear analysis solutions within an IPT to meet agreed timelines for engineering analysis deliverables.
• Work competently with FE tools e.g. ABAQUS
• Classical static stress and fatigue analysis
• Interfacing with other areas of the business where necessary: Chief Engineers, Programmes, Test Engineering, Manufacturing etc.
• Participate in audit reviews and present information as and when requested
• Participate in product validation
• Liaise with external suppliers, customers, airframers, regulatory bodies and other industrial organisations as required.
• Identify analysis solutions and recommend improvements or suggest alternative methods
• Review drawings, designs, concessions and repairs
• Communicate professionally & effectively with both internal & external customers and suppliers
• Comply with industry standards, regulations & qualification requirements
What we will give you?
• Hybrid/Flexible working hours with an early finish on a Friday (4.5 day working week)
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays, plus the option to buy/sell annual leave
• Profit sharing annual bonus
• Our Shares scheme
• Pension scheme (up to 8% match)
• Onsite subsidised canteen, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities
• Free onsite parking
• Our dedicated Benefits Portal, with a number of schemes including life assurance, cycle to work, technology & retail savings, access to healthcare & wellbeing services, and more!
• Global and local career progression opportunities and sponsorship of training courses
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Social events throughout the year, sports and social clubs
Safran was ranked globally as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021. Our employees are at the heart of our success and we work together towards Four People Fundamentals that underpin life at Safran:
• We believe in and promote diversity and inclusion as key values across our business
• We develop our colleagues skills and build opportunities so you can shape our future
• We create a trustworthy work place to support you, as you dare to act and innovate
• We encourage collaboration and mutual support for you and your colleagues
What do you need from me?
You will require a minimum HNC/Degree or equivalent in an engineering discipline and have the necessary experience to be successful in the role:
• Good working knowledge of aerospace design & manufacturing processes. Landing gear experience would be advantageous.
• A good understanding of the different engineering functions
• Working experience within different engineering functions advantageous.
• Experience of working with recognised FEA and fatigue software tools advantageous
• Experience of static and fatigue structural analysis methods
• Ability to read & interpret engineering drawings
• Experience working with aerospace materials engineering properties
• Experience of working to regulatory requirements
• Experience of working in an IPT environment
• Occasional travel may be required
• Strong communication skills and the ability to clearly present information
• Organised & able to work to strict deadlines
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
Educational skills and experience
• Minimum of HNC/HND level, but ideally BSc/MSc, in an engineering discipline (or equivalent)
What's my next step?
Please apply by uploading a CV and cover letter, and if your experience matches what we're looking for, one of our recruitment team will give you a call
Diversity & Inclusion
We want Safran Landing Systems to be a workplace where everyone feels valued, can be themselves and know they can reach their full potential. We embrace and celebrate our differences through various initiatives and support colleagues through a number of staff networks.
We're committed to building a strong, diverse workforce and making Safran Landing Systems an inclusive place to work.
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
Occasional travel within the UK
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH