SAFRAN LANDING SYSTEMS IS THE WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT LANDING AND BRAKING SYSTEMS.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. Our capabilities encompass the full life cycle of our products, ranging from design and manufacture to in-service support, repair and overhaul.
We are a partner to 30 leading commercial, military, business and regional airframers, and support over 27,000 aircraft making more than 60,000 landings every day. There are also more than 7,600 employees working in locations across Europe, North America and Asia.
Join our Team
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, hybrid working, Global career opportunities and Training and Development at our dedicated Safran University to help contribute to a safer and more sustainable aviation.
As a forward-looking company, Safran Landing Systems massively invests in Research & Development. Carbon brakes, titanium parts, composite materials, additive manufacturing, more electric systems, new surface treatments, external and internal partnerships and digital transformation are all the result of this permanent innovation effort, which enables the company to develop new products that are ever more cost-efficient, better for the environment, lighter, stronger and quieter.
The Sales & Operations Planning Manager's main responsibility is to coordinate the S&OP Cycle for the Gloucester site. This mainly entails demand management, running the Production Plan process and associated Load & Capacity analysis, and leading the VEX analysis and reporting activities.
Responsibilities will include:
Run the monthly site Demand Review as part of the Sales & Operations cycle
Be accountable for the Original Equipment demand expressed in SAP
Establish the Production Plans:
- Create a smooth and achievable plan
- Work with Master Production Scheduler(s) in order to have a Production Plan and a MPS aligned
- Validate the Production Plan and associated targets with the Planning Manager, Business Units Managers and Production VP
Run the Sales & Operation cycle implemented on site:
- Coordinate Production Plan review meetings with the different Business Units on site
- Prepare and present the Internal Supply Review to the Planning Manager
- Run the Internal Supply Review meetings
Support the Production Department for “What ifs” and/or Demand analysis.
Maintain Demand and Production Plan KPIs for the site.
Improve Planning processes.
Run the site VEX activities: analysis and reporting both at Site and Corporate level
• Strong leadership
• Good understanding of the MRP II principles and the Oliver Wight approach
• Good understanding of the complete Planning process: Sales & Operations Planning, the Master Scheduling and Shop floor planning
• Ability to analyse data with a high degree of efficiency in order to summarise the information
• Ability to work with different levels of management
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Good Microsoft Office pack knowledge
At Safran Landing Systems, we pride ourselves on competitive flexible benefits that support our employees work/life balance enabling each person to contribute to the best of their ability.
• Hybrid Working and Flexible Working Scheme to attract and retain skilled employees that allows for the work/life balance you need
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts, access to healthcare, house moving day, sports and social club
• Shares and profit share bonus scheme
• Development and Training at Safran University as well as Company Sponsorship
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have events running throughout the year as well as an onsite large, subsidised canteen/break area with indoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
- © Safran