SAFRAN LANDING SYSTEMS IS THE WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT LANDING AND BRAKING SYSTEMS.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. Our capabilities encompass the full life cycle of our products, ranging from design and manufacture to in-service support, repair and overhaul.
We are a partner to 30 leading commercial, military, business and regional airframers, and support over 27,000 aircraft making more than 60,000 landings every day. There are also more than 7,600 employees working in locations across Europe, North America and Asia.
Join our Team
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, hybrid working, Global career opportunities and Training and Development at our dedicated Safran University to help contribute to a safer and more sustainable aviation.
As a forward-looking company, Safran Landing Systems massively invests in Research & Development. Carbon brakes, titanium parts, composite materials, additive manufacturing, more electric systems, new surface treatments, external and internal partnerships and digital transformation are all the result of this permanent innovation effort, which enables the company to develop new products that are ever more cost-efficient, better for the environment, lighter, stronger and quieter.
OBJECTIVES & MISSIONS
• Protect customers (internal and external) from poor quality by anticipating and managing risks and opportunities
• Ensure compliance with internal and regulatory reference systems (including HS&E) and suggest improvements:
o Coach employees quality-related best practices and tools
o contribute to improving processes
o perform process audits
o ensure that the necessary authorisations/accreditations are in place and properly managed
• In liaison with the teams, define quality objectives for Systems Integration & Test and ensure that the appropriate action plans are effectively deployed:
o ensure that experience feedback from previous projects is effectively integrated
o promote compliance with processes
o ensure that changes in definitions are effectively managed
o implement corrective and preventive actions
o ensure that outsourced design, calibration and production support activities are also managed accordingly
• Strengthen continuous improvement, by:
o implementing measurement systems
o consistently relying on factual data and integrating feedback
o supporting the deployment of QRQC fundamentals
o supporting all internal and external stakeholders in the application of best practices and methods
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Knowledge of the company (processes, organization, environment)
• Knowledge of the “development” process and applicable reference system
• Knowledge of Landing Gear products
• Knowledge of quality and HSE policies
• Ability to perform analysis and diagnostics
• Ability to solve problems
• Ability to lead a cross-functional team
• Knowledge of audit techniques (Quality Management System e.g. EN9100)
• Proficiency in the use of quality management and continuous improvement tools (LeanSigma, risk analysis, process management, cause analysis, Safran toolbox, etc.)
• Experience of Knowledge management activities would be an advantage
• Ability to work unassisted
• Attention to detail
• Mentoring skills
• Responsive and proactive attitude
• Good interpersonal and communications skills
At Safran Landing Systems, we pride ourselves on competitive flexible benefits that support our employees work/life balance enabling each person to contribute to the best of their ability.
• Hybrid Working and Flexible Working Scheme to attract and retain skilled employees that allows for the work/life balance you need
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts, access to healthcare, house moving day, sports and social club
• Shares and profit share bonus scheme
• Development and Training at Safran University as well as Company Sponsorship
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have events running throughout the year as well as an onsite large, subsidised canteen/break area with indoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
- © Safran